Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please >

Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please

Old 12-22-2003, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please

I'm having the same dilema. I think basserman hit it right - it is a matter of personal taste. Personally I think they look better with a plaque as long as it is a high quality one. I've never seen a pedastal mount so I can't give an opinion on that. Here's a chance for somebody to show off - I would like to see a photo of a pedastal mount.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please

Pedestal or no plaque is my suggestion and preference.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

personally i like the plaques installed.on my 2 mounts i have done i have an oak on one and a cherry on the other .personally i think the shoulder mount looks much better with plaque.my big 13 pt i got this year will have a plaque on him (oak)just cant wait to get it back
Old 12-22-2003, 12:13 PM

If any of yall have pic's of your mounted deer on plaques, pedistals or without either, how about showing them off? I'm having my first mount done on a plaque. This will be my first mount and I wasn't sure, so I asked for the plaque.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have all of my mounts on plaques and have been very happy with them. I have seen lots of mounts without the plaques and after a while of taking it on and off the wall, the hide starts coming off the mount. That would be a shame considering the memories and the money associates with the mount. I haven't seen the pedestal mount, but would love to see one...for maybe my next mount in 10 years.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

NEB.BuckHunter, if there's "hide" coming off, you need to find another taxidermist. That should NEVER happen, whether there's a plaque or not.
Mystro, as you can see, everybody has their own opinion on plaques. It's all up to you.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default I guess I have a pedistal-mount on my 10-pointer.

We call them 3-D mounts. My Media room is in leather and Cherry wood and the cherry plaque costs around $70. I just wasnt sure if plaques were a dated item or if they are still were timeless.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I guess I have a pedistal-mount on my 10-pointer.

Doesa anyone have a link to a pedestal mount??
Old 12-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

M.Magis

I agree whole-heartedly. I personally have never had any problems with my mounts, but I have seen them in the past. Maybe it's just coincidence that the ones that looked ratty didn't have the plaques on them. My taxidermist has been doing them for years and is arguably the best taxidermist in the state. I think that I won't have any problems with my mounts that he has done, but was worried about the non-plaque mounts for others.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:32 PM

I like them with the plaques. I had my first shoulder mount deer done last year and am having another one done this year and both are on oak plaques. Personally I think it adds to the mount. I have a bear shoulder mount with no plaque because it would have to be to big. But I like the plaques on the deer mounts.

upstateny

Quick Reply: Shoulder-Mount question? I can't decide ito use a wall plaque behind the mount or not?..input please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.