Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Reality Check Time... White-Raven! >

Reality Check Time... White-Raven!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Reality Check Time... White-Raven!

Old 12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Spike

Default Reality Check Time... White-Raven!

White-Raven.., get your facts strait!
FACT- P&Y does have a velvet Catagory.
FACT- Minnesota Nontypical NETS 214. Its official right now!
FACT- This same deer IS the new WORLD RECORD VELVET NT ARCHERY!
FACT- Its been proven that people with more then two B&C deer are 99% of the time proven poachers! Watch what you brag about!
FACT- I can, and will back up all the above statements with FACTS!
FACT- You don't know diddly squat about measuring and record books.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reality Check Time... White-Raven!

P & Y DOES have a velvet category, but dont you have to remove the velvet for the measuring?? j/w
Old 12-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Spike

Nope. New a couple years ago. Full velvet catagory.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:39 AM

i agree that white ravin dosent know nutin he dosent check before he writes about things i knew there was a velvet catagoary but obviosly white ravin didnt he needs to think before he writes
Old 12-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

WR, Is not a man,ok.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

From the P&Y website:
* Velvet entries are accepted in these categories, the above minimums apply.
I don't have a P&Y book but according to their website while velvet enteries are allowed there is no seperate category for VELVET ONLY, they are annotated with an * to indicate it was a velvet entry. This has always been my understanding as well, if you can point us to where it states a seperate cat. for velvet animals I am sure many of us would appreciate it!!!
Old 12-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Banned

dc240nt, you know you really should at least try knowing what you're talking about. You're wrong about everything. first and foremost the deer only grossed 211 and netted 194 (which means it didn't even qualify for B&C). It's still a great buck though. I believe the deer scores 174 and change as a typical but Jim Kostroski chose to enter it into P&Y as a typical to reflect the highter, and I believe more representative, score. That is the official score. Here's a link to Jim's site so you can verify it for yourself http://www.magnumsportsx.com/Jim%20Kos%20Bio.htm As for your assertion that P&Y has a separate category for velvet, again you are incorrect. Skeeter has it right. they are merely included amongst the other entries where the score indicates and the fact that they are velvet is merely marked with an asterisk. Oh and as for your assertion that 99% of the time poachers take more than 2 B&C'ers I'd love to see where you dug up those figures. Don't you know that 57.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot? So anyway, that brings me to your 5th statement saying you'l be able to "back up all the above statements with FACTS!" Get back to us with these facts and don't forget to include your sources. I ask you now, who doesn't know what they're talking about?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:09 AM

play nice kids
Old 12-20-2003, 11:31 AM

Aren't personal attacks a violation of the forum rules?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its been proven that people with more then two B&C deer are 99% of the time proven poachers! Watch what you brag about!

I can, and will back up all the above statements with FACTS
If you can prove that above statement with facts I'll shave my legs and put on panty hose on a live web cam, for every one here to see.
you are a bitter idiot!
Your coming across like a spoiled teenager.

One thing about WR like her or hate her. She knows how to score a buck.

Quick Reply: Reality Check Time... White-Raven!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.