Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season?? >

(UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

(UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Old 12-21-2003, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Thanks for the Link Skeeter.

Nice looking deer there partner! I'd say the inside spread of the dude's feet on the right would be about 14.5 inches but I may be FOS..... WR you crack me up!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:00 PM

hhmmm W/H now say i'm sorry and play nice and btw nice deer mystro
Old 02-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Update. My story has been picked in a contest.

The entire story "Where did the antlers go" is at [link]http://www.pabucks.com/[/link]
It has been picked as a finalist. They were looking for not the biggest buck but the most interesting story of this years hunt. Check it out and vote for me so I can get deer pee.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Congrats on getting picked as a finalist.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

I think some of yall just like to argue.Is'nt the Raven amongst Native American folk lore anyhow some kind of practical joker?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:30 PM

Skeeter

Hear! Hear!

No wonder we're afraid to post anything. You get beat-up right out of the gate.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but if the spring is good and the horns mature early then won't they drop early as well? Just a thought.

Around here the bucks still had velvet in rifle season. It's like they wouldn't quit growing. They took some fabulous bucks around here this year.

Boldt
Old 02-08-2004, 01:31 AM

Hey MYSTRO.......I can totally relate to this story.......We had a camp in Countersport,[north central]Pa. We had our worst year about 7 or 8 yrs ago,when the same thing happen to us and all the camps around us........I was on one ridge and my little bro and dad were on the other.I heard my bros .243 start singing,I put my scope on his location[about 800yds away] and seen 7 deer running by a speck of orange.He empied, and I followed these deer running to the heavily forested top of the mountain through my scope.As soon as they were out of sight,I heard 2 cannon shots echo.I finally made my way to my bro and old man,through about 30 inches of snow,then found sign that it was a gut shot,there were 2 bucks in the group.He said one was a croch horn and the other a spike.I was sure these bucks were dead deer cause of the 2 shots up top.But,well,you know how it is ,had to look.I was the first one to the top and seen a blood bath,and 2 hunters over top of 2 deer.I looked in amazement that these deer had no horns.Immediatly the one hunter pointed to 2 trees,and sure enough there were 2 set of horns neatly placed against the trees!!I looked, and there was blood on the stubs where the horns fell off. We got to talking, and the one guy asked me where we were from.Turns out,he had recently moved out of the town right next to mine[325 miles away]!What are the chances of that happening?What is there 1 million hunters in the woods in Pa. on opening day?
Anyway,the rest of the week was very dissapointing.I had herds from 5 to at least 30 deer walk right by me,and not one buck.I know that a few of those were bucks,just by the way they would keep their self a little distance from the herd,in thicker cover.But still not one horn!!!!It was a very frustrating week,knowing these circumstances.
Since then we sold the camp in 01.But I have 6 or 7 buds with camps in northern Pa. that remember that bad season.
Oh, and by the way, the following season was a banner year for kills.So we definatly made up for it.
So Mystro, dont feel left out bro,I`ve seen it.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:57 AM

great story, never heard of that happening before though.