Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season?? >

(UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

(UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Old 12-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No B.S I got the spread measurement from the Taxidermist. Heres how...

Pic 2 from the link...sorry about the quality[:@]

Old 12-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No B.S I got the spread measurement from the Taxidermist. Heres how...

That's pretty cool. Another site to visit. Thanks Skeeter!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:53 PM

The raven eats crow once again.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thanks for the Link Skeeter.

Tough crowd. My father-in-law is straddling the deer taking off the drag rope.
It was hard to get a prespective on how big this whitetail was. My father-in-law stands about 6 foot and weighs about 200lbs. I thought it was a funny photo because he looks like he's on a horse. Cant wait till I get the Shoulder Mount back in Oct 2004.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks for the Link Skeeter.

It does look like a very nice large-bodied deer. There's no doubt about that!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

NEB don't thank me thank the......Mystro!!!!![8D]

Mystro sure your F-i-L is 6/200# you shot a dog and then taped on them sheds didn't you....I CAN SPOT A PUPPY when I see one...I talked to my sources and well the gig is up Just kidding and sorry some unnamed member of this site...just a little Jolly Time[8D]

Congrats on the deer, cool story and yeap your right that pic of the F-i-L is pretty funny to boot!

Merry Christmas & to all a good night!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Banned

Mystro, thank you very much for clearing up a couple of points. It makes sense now hearing you explain it better. It was a liitle confusing at first and the facts semed a bit off. But I realize now thar it was merely an example of not quite being able to expain it though no fault of your own. i had a good laugh. Hard to believe though I'm doing this on a cell phone. What's next video? Or do they have that too,on these things nowadays?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:08 PM

we have a farm we hunt every year in PA the last 3 deer i have taken the first day of buck season dropped thier horns on impact of the bullet i shoot a .308 winchester model 88 no cannon this was before AR started in PA we also had a monster buck was a 12 point this bow season has a white patch on his left shoulder easy to notice him every year i see him the first week of gun season he has no antlers gone shed after some research i found out deer pushed due to stress can lose thier antlers this i also found out was genetic this big buck for 3 years was breeding most of the does thats why the bucks we have taken kept losing horns early. one of the other guys took one this year we took it by the antlers to drag it out they both fell off before we got to the truck. the old buck with the white spot did not make it this year he was taken as a doe we are trying to get a rid of the deer that lose antlers early this should solve the problem I can not prove exactly why it happens i am no biologist but i can tell you from experince it is happening. next year we will see how the antlers hold up.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

good story. i have not every heard of it before
Old 12-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

the last few years here in PA antlers been falling early......my friend shot a 3pt half rack last year on the opener...the other side shed already...not thinking his dad lifted the bucks head by the antler to get it ready for a picture...pop! the antler fell right out and he barely touched it...and my friend shot a spike this year...other half shed already......last year my friends uncle shot a big buck....i think the side it had had 9pts on it...other half was shed.....crazy.....i hope the bucks have them on later this week when im chasing them with the smokepole.....congrats on the buck!! that body looks BIG!..and thats a nice rack.....good job!! nice to see a PA guy score on a nice one!

raven...look at the pics.....he found the antlers and they only go in one way.....measer them like the were actually there and you got the measuerments.......magic!

Quick Reply: (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.