Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Deer....Finally!!!

Old 12-18-2003, 02:15 PM

Default First Deer....Finally!!!

Heres a picture of my first deer, i know i know, its not a buck, but its a start, i havebeen hunting since i was 10 (now 16) but was never really serious about it until last year. This year it was all i could think about, i have butterflys in my stomach and couldn`t sleep on opening day. Well i went out there, and saw nothing, then on tuesday (of last week) i finally saw a deer, well it was a baby, it was gettin late at this time and i was going to leave soon, it was too small to shoot, so i was kind of disappointed, when another doe walked up, this time a mature doe, but from the stand she looked small, it took alot to tell my self that if i don`t take this one and wait for a bigger one, that someone upstairs wil thank me and reward me with a bigger deer, well right as i was about toleave, i see another doe, then another than another, 5 doe were in a line, so i picked the biggest one, as i turned to get a better shot, something under my foot made a noise and spooked them away, the made me very mad. Then the 2 that were in the front (the second one was the biggest one of the group) walked back in front of me, i waited for her to take one more step to get away from the tree, and BOOM, she ran 80 yeards from my stand, tripped and came running back in my direction, she fell about 15 yards from my stand. She weighed in at 115, and i should be getting the meat back tonight. I double lunged her with 000 buck, what my neighbor called a perfect shot, the butcher even commended us on a great gutting job, when we told him it was our first one he was shocked. By the way, im the one on the left, the one on the right is my best friend who came over to help me gut it and bring it to get tagged.

For some reason i can`t get a picture up but i`ll post a link for you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sst1877

Just click that and go to hunting pictures. the others are of my truck and some drag racing pictures from the bracket finals.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:50 PM

Default RE: First Deer....Finally!!!

Congratulations, man. That first one is always special...

Good job, now go get another one!
Old 12-18-2003, 03:16 PM

Congrats on the nice doe! It's always great hearing stories of that first deer. Sounds like you've been bit by the hunting bug. This is a great sport we all enjoy.....and it only gets better as time goes on! It brings rewarding and exciting experiences which can not be matched by any other activity!
Old 12-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on your first deer! I'm proud of ya for waiting it out for a big one. You got what it takes. I see you're into NHRA drag racing. Me too
Old 12-18-2003, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats, she should taste good.

my first one with the bow was like that. i shot her new years eve. she was the biggest one and weighed maybee 100 pounds. woulda liked to see how small the littler ones were. NICE SHOOTIN'!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:10 PM

Congratulations may many more follow....
Old 12-18-2003, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first deer.

They don't have to have antlers on them to be a good deer, that's a fine doe you should be proud of. The first deer always burns deep into the memory!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:00 PM

congrats on the first deer
Old 12-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Spike

Many congrats!!!!!!!Welcome. Always rember your first.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:22 PM

Kinda gets you going huh? Great job and the best of luck in the future! Gary

Quick Reply: First Deer....Finally!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.