Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Reality Check Time..No Record! >

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Old 12-19-2003, 05:24 AM
Banned

Default RE: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Taz...6,856 postings??????? ? I did the math...even if you're only here for a few minutes just to type out your mesage, thats 571 hours more or less. and that's not counting what you're reading. Wow!!!! Who needs to get away from their keyboard more??? Course i understand totally being behind that desk of yours. Who wouldn't want a welcome diversion? My apologies foir rthe "stick it remark..it was in jest but I removed it. I mean anyone that has that many posts I just have to respect. I'm serious. Kudos. Merry Christmas
Old 12-19-2003, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Taz...stick it!
What??? I gave you my email addy, I will be the first one to say that you are not blowing smoke if you email me the pics or the page and line number of your book bucks. Heck I will open up a seperate thread singing your praises along with apoligies.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Taz...6,856 postings??????? Who needs to get away from their keyboard more???? Stick it!
WR I spend most of my day at work here, kind of enjoy it, almost as much as I like hunting. BTW why the sudden change of tactics with the "Stick it!" comments?
Old 12-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the pic

And the story she sent with it:

Hello there. My name is edited outand I am a friend of the person you know as White Raven. She asked me yesterday if I would help her out with something. After she explained to me what was going on, I agreed. Not too many people say no to her.

So I posed with one of her mounts for her and she gave me a little note to go along with it so I’ll type it out in quotation marks exactly as it appears on the pad......."this is the first nice basic 10 pointer I ever arrowed back in ‘88 while I was attending the University of New Brunswick studying forest wildlife biology at the age of 26. It’s actually an 11 pointer with a sticker off the G2 on the right beam, which of course is not included in the equation. The rack had great symmetry, mass (circs of 6") and generally overall appearance. I won’t include the score. I’m sure they’ll be plenty of opinions. Thank you for posting the pic on my behalf. "

She’s also requested I include another pic of myself for some reason. I believe it has something to do with people won’t believe her or something like that. Oh yes and I’m supposed to say something about objects in the background, something you wouldn’t know unless you were actually there. Ok there’s a yellow bear just behind me on the floor that if you didn’t know better would think was Winnie the pooh, but it isn’t. And just in front of that is one of those top things for kids..you know the type where you push up and done on the handle and the insides spin around. The insides in this case are mickey mouse and the gang.

There it is folks, let the fun begin.You all behave now, I'm leaving in a few till Sunday to go hunting.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

That's a nice buck your "friend" has there WR
Old 12-19-2003, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I'm lost... Why would anyone that has taken deer of that caliber want someone else to hold it...?? Seems to me I could go over to my buddies house and take a pic with his deer without a problem, or just have him post the pic his self on my behalf... I'm not buying it... Smells Fishy, and if it smells like fish it probably is...

And just another note about the pic, anyone looking at it could tell what is in the background of the pic, and you were there in the pic so of course you are going to know what else is in the pic...

On the deer, I am not an offical measurer by any means, but it looks to me like the mass on the left side is much greater then the mass on the right, which as far as I know that means deductions... and with that tine length, I don;t see this deer making the books... Although a very nice buck, he would be on my wall anyday...JMO...
Old 12-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOO! Well, that sure proves everything.

I know I said I was not going to post anymore about this stuff but that kills me.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you WR. That picture really leaves no doubt that you are in fact a hunting goddess. You were right.

I guess I'll just believe the whole thing now.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

This thread is kind of stupid, and I don't really care who WR is, but if she killed that buck, it is one nice buck! But it definately ain't no book buck.

If a hunter takes a buck he or she is proud of... that's all that matters!! I really could care less about whether it's a book buck or not. I would care more about whether the hunter did the work to get the buck.

A hunter is ... one who hunts for his prey, he finds it, sets up, hunts it, eventually shoots it and hopefully eats it.

A shooter is ... one who let someone else do all the work and just pulls the trigger on the rifle or release.

I have respect for the hunter.... shooters are a dime a dozen!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

That deer is a beaut, I will not play can you top this, but I have to say I am rather surprised that she didn't send a pic of a book buck, I mean if that is a book buck I killed an 8 point that would have easily made the books in 74, never got it scored and it burnt up in a house fire, but there you go, I have no proof of the kill so it only counts in my mind.

I will not knock that deer at all, anyone who kills a buck like that if it was fair chase with no guide has every right to be proud. I would still like to see some pics of her book bucks. I really do not understand the reasons for the paranoia. What would be the big deal about posting a pic of yourself with a deer of that calibre? Another thing I do not get is why not show us a pic of the big boys?
Old 12-19-2003, 07:56 AM

Nice deer, Too much bull****.

And just to be an *******, It doesn't matter what you can identify in that picture.
It is for all a picture and anyone can identify a bear or a mickey mouse or a children's playtoy and the make and model if you were truly hell-bent in doing so. Also, People are going to look at that picture and ONLY look at the deer so when you point out the bear is winnie the poo, People can't see for themselves what kind of bear it is without already knowing. I'll beleive you though. Nice deer. But again, Too much bull****. PS, WR: Sorry, I am an idiot.

Quick Reply: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.