Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Reality Check Time..No Record! >

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Old 12-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Banned

Default RE: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Tax, you know as wll as I, any pic of myself would be sure to invite more than my share of insults. One only has to take a look at Cyrus's response to see that. I figure I compromised. Cyrus, you did exactly as I expected you to. That's about your level. You're right, btw, that's not a B&C'er. (157 7/8 gross...151 1/8th net) but it's the deer that I believe is my biggest accomplisghment, although not my largest, my first nice buck with archery equipment, back in the days when I wasn't such a grouch. Merry Christmas. Hey. I have an idea. what say for the next 8 days we all pretend we like each other?PS..MOSSYOAK, that's the point..IT ISN"T WINNIE THE POOH.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:18 AM

Just noticed somethin WR, Look at the day i joined. You too, Tazman.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Merry Christmas to you also White-Raven, I have a strong feeling if you didn't take such a negative put down attitude on other folks deer and just be less critical and know it all you would have no problems here. Heck you your self picked a deer that you viewed as a trophy for you even though it wasn't a boonie.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mossy everyone who was a member before that date got that as their join date after they did an upgrade on the board.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

At least we're having some fun....Merry Christmas all!!!!!

I ain't saying a ting on the recent developments in this thread[8D] Well except I agree with Formula 1...right on. It ain't about where it places in any book but where it places in your heart & memory All my deer taken have a special meaning, first deer, achery deer, Ml deer, NT, biggest deer, rattled out deer...they may not be trophys but equally rewarding!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Skeeter7mm,

Thanks for agreeing!! But if your best deer have special meaning to you, in my book they are trophies!!!

I have 4 of my better bucks on the wall. None of them are even close to book, but all are special experiences I will never forget!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

WR
I'm not insulting your deer. It is in fact a great looking buck. I was laughing at the cloak and dagger stuff. I never asked to see the pics in the first place. If you don't want to show pics of yourself for personal reasons, that's fine. Why not just say so. Why be so secretive?
Please don't assume I would insult a person for physical characteristics. We may have our differences and disagreements but that is crossing a line that I won't get anywhere near. You are way off on that assumption.
My sole issue here was and always has been your negative, know-it-all attitude and that's it. I'm sorry but attitudes like that get me fired up.

Hey. I have an idea. what say for the next 8 days we all pretend we like each other?
I'm all for that. Here's the deal. If you try to be a little more positive. I'll try not to get on your case. Fair enough?
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Banned

Ok, now for the record, when I see big deer like what's being posted on these boards..sometimes my eyes pop out,,sometimes my jaw hangs open..and all the time I wish it was me that had bagged it. There's nothing I like better than seeing great deer and their equally interesting stories. It's not the deer I have issues with. It's just it seems nowadays that everyone is so quick to proclaim a deer this record, that record..world's biggest 8,,biggest in velvet..biggest 6...biggest 4 pointer...biggest deer taken while eating breakfast..etc etc etc. I mean why can't we all just look at some real nice deer and accept them for what they are...real nice deer. Why do we have to stick a title on them to give them in order to give the hunter's the recognition they deserve. Am I the only one here that thinks there are WR's coming out of the woodwork from everywhere? And I'm out of here. We had about 45 cms of snow 4 days ago, and I'm getting to heck off this Island, and heading to the mainland to scout that ridge top for a few days. Merry Christmas. S
Old 12-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Holy Cow, we agree on something. Somebody call Hell it must be snowing.

I don't know why we have to make such a big deal about it. Like I said. They are all just really big, dead deer.
Not enough attention goes to the animal and too much goes to the hunter if you ask me. All he did was shoot the damn thing. It was the deer that grew the rack.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cyrus exactly what I have said on all these record posts...so I concur 100%!

WR, I understand your point about record this, however we are all a product of media. What happens is I receive an email with a pic claiming it to be the next world record or record with velvet. I then think hey the members at hunting. net might like to see this deer and post the info i got...well of course it is not from the source but it is all I have to go on. I use words such as: supposedly, potential, possibly these are disclaimers that this info has not been certified but it may have merit. Not really claiming anything, just at this point this the info I received and just thought I'd share. Then I get jumped and say false, fake, not a record...etc. People who feel they know the story, deer, etc better than I. Does leave a sour taste in my mouth about posting any story or pics I have or receive. Just an example.

Any way this horse is dead. So peace & good will to all!

Quick Reply: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.