Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Old 12-23-2003, 01:41 AM

Default RE: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

So all this happened and no one was arrested? Seems like there would be a newspaper article about this somewhere or do they read newspapers up there?
Old 12-23-2003, 11:14 AM

Default RE: to Hardluck

From what i had read it was shot legally in missouri.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:25 AM

where have you been ?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RugerNo.1

ORIGINAL: mauser06

there were many threads on that buck......i cant remember with all this fake buck poached buck new world records out the arse ect ect........threads....one of hte reasons im not here as much as i used to be....kinda sick noone can tell the truth....i dont care.....ill stick to shooting my little 6pts fair and square and keep my life simple....
Well put, Mauser. I just discovered this board about two months ago and in the short time since then it has changed a lot. When I first started reading the board it was very informative and people seemed to get along really well and that is what seperated this board from some of the others. But, lately you have to wade through three pages of crap that no one cares anything about just to get any useful info. I think it is great that folks post there "real deer" on here for us to see, because they are very proud of them, but I too am sick of seeing "possible new somethin or other record" on three out of five posts. I hope that the board can eventually go back to how it used to be. Just my .02
I must assume, that it is "possible", that you have have a hard time grasping what the word "possible" means. You folks need to lighten' up a bit.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

right on
Old 12-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

why so bitter white raven?? this is a hunting forum??
Old 12-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

well this one is close to being closed
Old 12-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was there I would have shot the buck myself regardless of the legal shooting time. Do you have any idea how much money that buck is worth? Let's just say the fines are so small it is worth taking the chance of getting caught. I would have not left the animal, I would have loaded it in my truck & hauled it home.
My point is poaching fines are way too small. One guy from Washington state shot a 6x6 bull elk & a 4x4 mule buck in the state of Montana three years ago. He did this without a hunting license for either animal, he trespassed on private land, he only took the horns & very little meat from either animal.
His total fine for both animals came to a total of $660.00 Plus legal fees. His fine for poaching both animals came to a smaller amount that it would have cost him to buy the hunting tags for both animals. If he would have bought the tags for the animals & done it the legal way it would have cost him $700.00 So you see crime really does pay.
Until we get tough on poachers & hit them with hugh fines & mandatory jail time they will remain a constant problem.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pearl Jam. NO!

Quick Reply: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.