Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Old 12-15-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

My father forwarded this email this morning. It claims that the buck in the attached picture was shot by a poacher near Dryden Ontario and seized by the OMNR. It claims that the buck would have been the new world record by at least 41 points. I am not trying to start any arguements here (there have been far too many to begin with!) I am just wondering if anyone has the FACTS on this matter. Thank you .

YLM

Old 12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
nub

Default RE: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Lets just say you've got some catching up to do.

Wow! Just noticed, the old smilies are back. [:-]
Old 12-15-2003, 03:58 PM

Forgive me Nub, but what is the story on this buck? I have never seen the pic before and am trying to get the true story. Could you please enlighten me? Perhaps I do need to do a bit of catching up, but I honestly would like to know the truth about this buck. Thanks.

YLM
Old 12-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

there were many threads on that buck......i cant remember with all this fake buck poached buck new world records out the arse ect ect........threads....one of hte reasons im not here as much as i used to be....kinda sick noone can tell the truth....i dont care.....ill stick to shooting my little 6pts fair and square and keep my life simple....
Old 12-15-2003, 04:15 PM
nub

YLM; This buck has been beat to death on all the message boards. Heres a qoute from another site that sums it up.
The story is the deer was shot 1/2 hour after legal hunting time by a non-resident rifle hunter from Louisiana. He got cold feet and immediatly left the province leaving this and another deer hanging back at camp.

The Dryden Ministry office now has the deer. The 18 point grosses 223+ and nets 199-7/8 green typical. 12" of non-typical and an unmatched 7" tine kept this deer from world record consideration.

More info will become available after the investigation is completed.
You could also type in "Ontario buck" in the search feature and find some more.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

old pic, same sh*t
Old 12-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

It should hit the local hunting mags., when/if it does I will post it.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

am I the only person here that can care less about world records and how a deer scores? lol
Old 12-15-2003, 07:29 PM

if it is real, that buck has a huge nose.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

there were many threads on that buck......i cant remember with all this fake buck poached buck new world records out the arse ect ect........threads....one of hte reasons im not here as much as i used to be....kinda sick noone can tell the truth....i dont care.....ill stick to shooting my little 6pts fair and square and keep my life simple....
Well put, Mauser. I just discovered this board about two months ago and in the short time since then it has changed a lot. When I first started reading the board it was very informative and people seemed to get along really well and that is what seperated this board from some of the others. But, lately you have to wade through three pages of crap that no one cares anything about just to get any useful info. I think it is great that folks post there "real deer" on here for us to see, because they are very proud of them, but I too am sick of seeing "possible new somethin or other record" on three out of five posts. I hope that the board can eventually go back to how it used to be. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.