HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   anybody live on border of your state?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/46314-anybody-live-border-your-state.html)

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 12:08 PM

anybody live on border of your state??

i live about 15 minutes from the ny border. i lived half a block from the ohio border growing up as a kid. never hunted ohio or ny.....thinking about getting a liscense for ny next season. i see a lot of ohio hunters up this way in pa. i'm just wondering if any of you live close to another state and do you ever hunt there??

farmcntry 12-15-2003 12:09 PM

RE: anybody live on border of your state??

I hunt VA and NC. Pretty close.

Charlie P 12-15-2003 12:19 PM

I live on the NY /Pa border to of my hunting spots are right on the state line. Where you live In NY boyscout?

TSR6 12-15-2003 12:19 PM

I live in IL about 10 minutes south of the Wi border. I hunt in both Wi & IL, and have also hunted in Iowa for one season.

Both places I hunt are within 20 minutes of my house, so all is good. :)

dough boy 12-15-2003 12:45 PM

I live in Ohio, but am only 25 minutes to Indiana. I have hunted Indiana more because my wife's brother and I have hunted together for 19 years. I started hunting Ohio last year. I enjoy hunting both, ans see plenty of deer in both spots.

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 01:58 PM

i live in warren county pennsylvania about 20 minutes south of jamestown

mauser06 12-15-2003 03:04 PM

i can get to ohio and WV in 30 mins or so..and NY i can get to in less then a few hours...maybe 2 or 3 tops.....never hunted out of state.....yet......one day i will.......i see everyone from ohio and NY hunting PA....

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 06:39 PM

are you from the washington/pittsburgh area mauser06?? seems like that's the vicinity anyways. i used to live in new castle.

upstateny 12-15-2003 06:49 PM

I am 15 min from VT and 5 min from Canada. I have never hunted out of state but have done some fishing in VT.

mharrisatuwg 12-15-2003 08:27 PM

I can be in TN in about 5 minutes when I am home from college, and I can be in Alabama in about 20 minutes from school or home. I have never hunted in either state, just because out of state licenses are so expensive, and would not be worth it for the amount of time that I would be able to hunt there.

VAhuntr 12-15-2003 08:32 PM

I hunt VA and live 5 minutes from NC. Planning on leasing some land in NC to hunt with 3 other hunters.

young_gun 12-15-2003 09:13 PM

i live 5 min. from mn and about 25 30 min from iowa, i havent hunted out of state except for in nd and that was for pheasants on our family land, i might try deer hunting on family land in ND next yr though.

Thunderdogg 12-15-2003 10:49 PM

I live right on the WV and VA border. If you were to walk about 30 yards out of my front door you would have crossed into WV :)

Haven't hunted in WV yet, just don't wany to pay the $100+ for a non-resident hunting license when I can hunt for free (no license required) on my own property.

TC

hardluck71 12-15-2003 10:58 PM

10 minutes from the Texas border. Leaving in the morning to hunt there. I cna't wait. :)

portable ladder 12-16-2003 08:37 AM

I live in southern indiana, 20 minutes from the kentucky border. My family owns land in Indiana, I have been hunting in Indiana for about 13 years. I started hunting in Kentucky also this year. I have seen more bigger bucks in Kentucky, but took a real nice 8-pointer in Indiana with my bow this year.

buckmine 12-16-2003 09:07 AM

How do all of you Easterners find land to hunt in neighboring states? A lot of your posts seem to be of shrinking land and to many hunters on public land?0

RICHIE3 12-16-2003 09:52 AM

I can see the state of Kansas from my front porch, and about a 1/4 mile away from the Missouri River that seperates Missouri from Kansas. I have been fishing several times in Kansas, but have yet to hunt there.

thelastboyscout 12-16-2003 11:04 AM

its not real hard to find land here in pennsylvania to hunt on, especially in the rural areas. much of it is either farmland, state game lands, or national forest. the problem is around my way is that big city guys want thousands of acres all for themselves. they will post it and hunt MAYBE once a year. i think it's criminal. and no, it's not for quality deer management, it's just being selfish.