HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   anybody live on border of your state?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/46314-anybody-live-border-your-state.html)

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 12:08 PM

anybody live on border of your state??

i live about 15 minutes from the ny border. i lived half a block from the ohio border growing up as a kid. never hunted ohio or ny.....thinking about getting a liscense for ny next season. i see a lot of ohio hunters up this way in pa. i'm just wondering if any of you live close to another state and do you ever hunt there??

farmcntry 12-15-2003 12:09 PM

RE: anybody live on border of your state??

I hunt VA and NC. Pretty close.

Charlie P 12-15-2003 12:19 PM

I live on the NY /Pa border to of my hunting spots are right on the state line. Where you live In NY boyscout?

TSR6 12-15-2003 12:19 PM

I live in IL about 10 minutes south of the Wi border. I hunt in both Wi & IL, and have also hunted in Iowa for one season.

Both places I hunt are within 20 minutes of my house, so all is good. :)

dough boy 12-15-2003 12:45 PM

I live in Ohio, but am only 25 minutes to Indiana. I have hunted Indiana more because my wife's brother and I have hunted together for 19 years. I started hunting Ohio last year. I enjoy hunting both, ans see plenty of deer in both spots.

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 01:58 PM

i live in warren county pennsylvania about 20 minutes south of jamestown

mauser06 12-15-2003 03:04 PM

i can get to ohio and WV in 30 mins or so..and NY i can get to in less then a few hours...maybe 2 or 3 tops.....never hunted out of state.....yet......one day i will.......i see everyone from ohio and NY hunting PA....

thelastboyscout 12-15-2003 06:39 PM

are you from the washington/pittsburgh area mauser06?? seems like that's the vicinity anyways. i used to live in new castle.

upstateny 12-15-2003 06:49 PM

I am 15 min from VT and 5 min from Canada. I have never hunted out of state but have done some fishing in VT.

mharrisatuwg 12-15-2003 08:27 PM

I can be in TN in about 5 minutes when I am home from college, and I can be in Alabama in about 20 minutes from school or home. I have never hunted in either state, just because out of state licenses are so expensive, and would not be worth it for the amount of time that I would be able to hunt there.