HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   RECORDS RECORDS RECORDS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/46259-records-records-records.html)

WhiteRaven 12-15-2003 05:24 AM

RECORDS RECORDS RECORDS

In this day and age, if you have something to say you damn well better be able to back it up. Looks like B.S. is a lot harder to get away with when there are 2 1/2 million sets of eyes out there to check things out. There's been too many lately that have put out outlandish claims about deer just in order to make some money off of the rack, or just for the simple reason of "pulling one over" on people. I suppose in a way, Rompola was a good thing. It opened up everyone's eyes to just how far people will go to deliberately mislead people in order to make a profit. Buck Fever Synthetics and their little Rompola World record con job, just to start a marketing scheme in order to sell the scent, really soured people on these types of claims. It's been a long time since I typed that name...lol. Someday someone will take me up on my standing offer of bankrolling a court case against Rompola and his croonies to get at the truth once and for all. Whoever exposes the truth about that will make a lot of money. Any takers out there? Have a good one.

GroundHunter 12-15-2003 07:08 AM

RE: RECORDS RECORDS RECORDS

I think you may want to chill out a bit, and enjoy the sport!!!! One bad apple doesn't make the whole basket bad! Bottom line is the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. I was in a buddy of mines office last week when I pointed to a new mount on his wall and asked him why the heck he mounted that scrubby eight point and laughed a bit. Well the next thing I know I'm hearing the story about his 11 year old daughter taking the deer from 150 yds., the first time she ever hunted, and the first time she had shot a rifle. Needless to say, her dad was very proud. Enjoy the sport!

The Champ 12-15-2003 07:17 AM

wow wow wow. Cool down.

dabowhunter 12-15-2003 03:05 PM

I never did hear the story of the Rompola buck other than seeing the pics. Was it proven to be a fake or just speculation? Dabow

Charlie P 12-15-2003 03:09 PM

Did Mitch leave your butt at the alter or what?

Rickmur 12-15-2003 03:38 PM

Here we go again. WR, have you EVER made a positive post? You are so hung up on this, we don't need to rehash it over and over and over and over every time you decide to post. Can't you find something positive to post about like one of your own hunts or something? Give it a break please.

Charlie P 12-15-2003 03:45 PM

White Raven making a positive post. Isn't that one of the seven signs of the apocolypse?

KoBear 12-15-2003 04:39 PM

i too have noticed that ever time i sign on here there is a new record buck posted. the same buck was posted up here twice at the same time with two different stories.

GroundHunter 12-15-2003 07:47 PM

I think you ought to warn him, then ban him.......enough of his negative energy.

young_gun 12-15-2003 10:17 PM

How do you know the rompola buck is a fake? ive read quite a few articles about it, how can someone paint a identical picture of the same deer, that was shot, and how can someone video tape the hunt and have it not be true? He's taken countless numbers of big bucks, but he isnt in it for the money, why do you think he didnt enter the rompola buck into the records? because hes a private guy that likes to keep to himself and when he gets something that big then it gets everyoen going on if its a fake or not and that creates alot of contraversy(sp?) It gives every hunter a bad rep when those things start to circulate.

Sorry just sick of everyone bashing each other over things like this.If someone gets a nice deer and tells people about it because there proud of it dont belittle the person, be happy for them that they got something that they can cherish for a lifetime. Why do we need to bash fellow hunters when we have anti's that are doing that constantly i think we need to stand up together and stop all of the bickering.