Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

front tenderloins

Old 12-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: front tenderloins

I thought maybe I was missing something all these year's .The tenderloin's are the first meat to take and I have no idea on where to find the front loin's???????????? I've been hunting for 30yr's now and this the first I ever heard of them .

TELL me more if I'm wrong!

nubo
Old 12-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read this lastnight and I was stumped also. Well I just happen to get a deer this morning with my bow. Upon cleaning it and removing the back strap and tenderloins there are two small tiny loins inside the ribcage, on the inner spine. now these might be a lot bigger on huge deer but on a 100 lb'er there small. But yes they are there. Check it out next time .
Old 12-14-2003, 12:00 PM

hmm, thank zrexpilot. ill have ta check that out when i get another one.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:49 PM

Upon cleaning it and removing the back strap and tenderloins there are two small tiny loins inside the ribcage, on the inner spine. now these might be a lot bigger on huge deer but on a 100 lb'er there small.
Thats it
Thier small ,but damn thier tasty
Old 12-14-2003, 03:00 PM

I also never remember seeing anything of the sort and when I'm done with the carcass the flies would starve.Wish we had a visual.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:45 PM

TRY THIS
The back straps are from the ribs to the sirloin.
2 nice long pieces of tender meat
As soon as you skin it you can cut them out.Right
Now what we call...(dosent mean its right[])the tenderloin would be inside the body cavity(oppositt the loin half backstraps)on both sides of the backbone,right about where the loin is showing on the picture.
As soon as you drop thebelly out of the dear you see 2 red juicy pieces of meat next to the backbone.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:57 PM

Zxrepilot. Thanks for sharing that observation. I hope others will check their next kill and see if they saw what i saw.and, if so , fry them up and give us a report.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:17 PM

Atlasman The rear tenderloins are an unused muscle, as are these front tenderloins. Both ends are attached to bone.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:47 PM

if you ask me the tenderloins can sometimes be too tender you know? MY all time favorite is the backstraps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 06:03 PM

Atlasman The rear tenderloins are an unused muscle, as are these front tenderloins. Both ends are attached to bone.
I know........and every muscle is attaches at an origin and a insertion point into bone. Some become a tendon before insertion but they all are attached to bone. Muscles primary function is motion. If they weren't attached to a bone they would not be of much use.

The tenderloins are not used because deer walk on all fours. They still get used.......just very little which is why they are so tender.

I will check along the spine inside the ribcage of the next deer I butcher and see what you are talking about.

Quick Reply: front tenderloins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.