HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Do any of you exercise to keep in shape for hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/46124-do-any-you-exercise-keep-shape-hunting.html)

outdoor338 12-13-2003 02:28 PM

Do any of you exercise to keep in shape for hunting?

I know that when people ask me about "How much exercise should I do before I hunt in the Rockies", I tell them that working out is extremely important and could save your life, if any of you work out, what kind of exercise do you do? I walk on a treadmill at least an hour a day, what say you!

Dr. Mike

duck_hunter2006 12-13-2003 02:34 PM

RE: Do any of you exercise to keep in shape for hunting?

Run 5 miles a day.

Duse500 12-13-2003 04:09 PM

I have a physically demanding job

young_gun 12-13-2003 06:36 PM

im ussually just out of ftball when huting seasons start, or still in it when antelope season starts.so thats my exercise

deerhunter1224 12-13-2003 07:41 PM

Whats excercise? I am young

who_else 12-13-2003 07:43 PM

im young too but damn, i was tired today walking in the hills.

dpv 12-13-2003 08:02 PM

I remember many years ago reading that the most important thing to work on is you stomach and lower back. There are too many opportunities to fall or wrench your back in some way. Keep your lower back strong and your will be fine.

David

James B 12-13-2003 11:05 PM

I don't yet but if I don't start soon I will have to quit the deer hunting. I am 60 now and I can't just grab the gun on opening day and go out and hike through the river breaks. I was a carpenter and builder most of my life and climbed ladders and roofs carring bundles of shingles and lumber. I am mostly retired now and its awful Damn easy to set back and take it easy. However That will soon have you wore down faster than working. The last few years I couldn't do much because of poor health (heart attack) during surgery. I have recovered to about 75-80 percent and its going to take a lot of work to get much further. I will Have to start by just lots of walking which ain't easy when its Winter in North Dakota.:D Have to go to the Mall or the civic center

young_gun 12-13-2003 11:08 PM

Winter in the Dakotas is a pain in the butt, but its good your back to that good of health james B

A.K.A eastwood 12-13-2003 11:58 PM

run 3 miles a 4x a week, stair climber 30 mins a day, row machine 2 days 30 minutes a week and last but not least STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCH

i cannot say it enough! everyday even if you strech in the shower for 10 minutes. you must STRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCHSTRETCH STRETCH STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!