HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My 2 bucks (Pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/46061-my-2-bucks-pics.html)

zrexpilot 12-12-2003 05:50 PM

My 2 bucks (Pics)

This is an 8 pointer I took in early Novemberof this year. He was rattled in and taken at a distance of 80 yds with a shot through his neck with my .243. Check out the branch that was stuck in his horns. This is exactly how he was when he came in.

And heres a 10 pointer I took in late november, also rattled in and shot through the neck at 80 yds. The scenarios were identical and both were shot while facing and looking right at me.

OneShotCharlie 12-12-2003 06:23 PM

RE: My 2 bucks (Pics)

awesome deer

Aught Six 12-12-2003 06:28 PM

Great bucks! Good job on some awesome kills.

Old Faithful 12-12-2003 06:33 PM

By looking at the pictures, your 243 packs a hell of a punch. Awesome deer.

who_else 12-12-2003 06:58 PM

nice bucks!:)

DougMD 12-12-2003 07:32 PM

Good job!

mauser06 12-12-2003 07:35 PM

congrats!! 2 great bucks!! good job!! that 10pt......thats not from the bullet is it?!?! it looks like a dog got it or something almost...and you said they were walking at you...so the holes shouldnt be that HUGE...thats a crazy hole!.....is that from the bullet? heck even the 8pt hole looks like an exit! lol....and all these years i been hunting with a 30 cal!!!! is the second a bullet hole?!

zrexpilot 12-12-2003 07:45 PM

No the 10 pointer is after I gutted it. It is slit all the way down to the head so as to remove the esophagus, and partionally bullet dammage too. I cant emphasize enough how important bullet selection is though.The 8 was shot with 100 gr Hornady's and had a complete pass through, check out the exit hole on this next pic. (not a very good pic) But you will see the 3 inch hole.
I was out of Hornady's and borrowed a couple of bullets from a friend, they were core lockts and failed to pass through the 10 pointer but still did pretty good damage leaving a descent entry hole and shattering the spine.
This has happened to me several times using core lockts, failure to pass through, while the hornady's go right through bone and tissue. Give me the Hornady's. To me core locts are junk. Although they still kill.

KoBear 12-12-2003 08:03 PM

c'mon man!! your not on america's most wanted!!! smile a little!!! awsome bucks. had one walk by my stand at 12 yards during bow a little bigger than the eight. but i was in another stand during bow and could only watch. with the ten you got the thumbs up, but SMILE!!! you should be happy and proud. sould u send their relatives to the place i am hunting. i will email you the address! ;)

GroundHunter 12-12-2003 08:34 PM

We let those walk where I hunt, but it may be a trophy in your area.....congrats........

I'm kidding, great buck!!!!!!!!!