Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Field Dressing Deer/elk CWD/TSEs aka MAD COW DISEASE >

Field Dressing Deer/elk CWD/TSEs aka MAD COW DISEASE

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field Dressing Deer/elk CWD/TSEs aka MAD COW DISEASE

Old 12-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Field Dressing Deer/elk CWD/TSEs aka MAD COW DISEASE

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...
This has nothing to do with myth. You keep posting rediculously long messages, and I don't have time to read them all. Plus I don't give a hoot about the UK. This is America. Like I said, keep it short. And I'm sure the authors of these reports you keep linking don't appreciate your copyright violations.

I've educated myself about the matter, and it doesn't scare me. You keep giving all of these "what ifs". We don't hunt because it's safe; we do it because we love it.

If you want to talk about hunting, then you're welcome to stay. If you'd rather ramble ON AND ON AND ON about disease, go to a medical message board.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:52 PM

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

get over yourself Aught Sic, I was finished.

> I've educated myself about the matter,

yea, it looks like it.

good luck...TSS
Old 12-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Out of the almost 300 million people in the US, how many have become infected and/or died of any of these diseases? These are not a viable threats. If your mother really did die on CJD (probably another one of your lies), I'm truly sorry. But she would be an extremely rare victim.

Your arguments are akin to having your mother struck by lightning (which isn't as rare as suffering from CJD) and then crusading against standing under the open sky. Get a life and cry to people who are willing to give up their happiness in fear of some miniscule risk.

get over yourself Aught Sic, I was finished.
So you're going to get the hell out now, or what?
Old 12-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Is this your point for spamming the board with indirect "evidence" to scare hunters??

A simple cut and or scratch while field dressing a kill (if infected with CWD/TSE), could very well transmit the agent to a human
from the study you cite as evidence

The positive associations with the occupation of butcher and employment in physician's offices cannot be conclusively interpreted because of the small numbers and lack of information on the type and extent of exposure to potentially infectious material.

You havent fulfilled the burden of proof. Try again.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeap I live with it in my backdoor, as reports state CWD has been found in a handful of wild deer in this province. It has been requested that hunters donate samples of deer and elk taken all over the province, to date really only 2 very small areas have positive results(yes far to many). These 2 areas have been targeted for CWD management. How do you suppose that is happening with wild animals...um let me guess...hunters!!! Do to the efforts of hunters more facts, samples and tests are being known about this disease. Hunters are being asked to help agencies, wildlife management, officials, etc to help in trying to find out more about this disease, keep it contained(if even relaistic), eliminate the over population of the animals(crowding) and so on. Without hunters doing the work where would we be today. We expect/accept risks with this sport and we also care deepily for the resource. I am sorry but nobody fights as hard for the animals we hunt as we do. All the others are self serving groups with no plan to back them, they just blow about something until they get onto the next big issue. Governments, food agencies, wildlife researchers, DNR/MNR all know the secret lye with the hunting population for keeping disease, numbers and health in control of wild animals. We are the most effective tool for management they have, that is self servant in funding, conservation and getting the task at hand done.

It has been stated this is not a new disease but rather been around for over a quarter century in the wild deer population. During the time previous to other agencies being informed or testing for this disease, would it be incorrect to assume every single wild deer or elk was free of CWD. Lets look at the population crisis that we find ourself in today and then assimulate that the problem areas...a large quantity of deer above the land carrying capacity will self destruct. God created the animals and will regulate them, however we have forced deer into the situation they are faced with today. Urbanization, loss of habitat, etc all play a major role in the population problem and density. Humans have messed with the make up with our towns, freeways and so on..it is really our responsibilty to pick up the pieces and help in some way solve the problem. To my knowledge and I have read/studied a lot about CWD there is no evidence that this disease can be contracted through contact or even consumption. Also no evidence that it can be transferred to cattle. However our DNR have stated that an animal can not be processed or consumed prior to the test results and a postive result will require the carcass to be burned and disposed of...the hunter will automatically get a new tag free of charge. I appluad the efforts of our DNR and especially the hunters. I donate all the skulls for testing, I also have participated in the CWD hunt(as of yet not one single animal has tested positive) but I feel as protection to the port and the future generations I owe it be part of the solution not the problem. I am also taking responsibilty for the problem we have created by urbanization, limiting access and forcing animals to crowd.

I guess after my ramble on my point is Madcow how would you suggest we handle this problem? B/C the only way is to eliminate and bring back a healthy herd which is done by harvesting animals, testing animals, bring balance to the herd/terrain...guess who does this work..yeap hunters! If we were to all fold tent and say ain't my problem it certainly wouldn't get any better.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:56 PM

i have been here for a long time. but never said a word about any thing untell now.i think u are just trying to tell all hunters that we should not hunt. u are trying to scare the new hunters from doing what they like......