Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

got me a buck!!

Old 12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default got me a buck!!

well.... after months of fruitless bow hunting and an opening day shotgun resulting in no deer, and a missed fox for me and a wounded coyote for my father, i went out tuesday.

Heres the story:

monday we pushed a piece of public land and all i saw (and missed) was a fox. all anyone saw were some does and a 3 point.
since i totalled my car on friday on the way home from school, my friend dropped me off at the state property we pushed. Even though i definitely didnt expect to see anything, i decided to sit anyway. i got in the stand at about 3:15 in the middle of a overgrown field. at about 4:30 i saw a doe behind me. all ready it was a good day for me, since now i knew not every deer was off the property. at 4:50 i see a single, big bodied deer and it lowered its head and i saw some antlers. he came right in to 15 yards from my stand. i pulled my slug gun up to shoot and he spooked b/c of the does behinding me jumping when i moved. he jumped ten yards into a thicket and stopped in the ONLY opening that i could shoot. i pulled the trigger, he jumped, and took off, head to the ground. i couldnt get another shot, but saw he made it to the next thicket from me. i was shocked, this was the first buck i shot with slugs that actually ran. i get to the spot and not a drop of blood!!! uh-oh. i think. i walk 10 yards to find a piece of hair. walk 3 more feet and find blood galore. follow it 90 yards to the buck. when we gutted him, he had no lungs, they were floating in the blood in the cavity. i had cut them off with the slug. how he made it that far i have no clue. any way, this is my first deer shot on a tuesday. first deer with my 12 gauge slug gun. first deer shot through a scope. first buck in my family this year. first buck shot with my best friend and hunting pal nick. first buck i ever shot on public land. and the first deer i had to track that i shot with a slug. lots of firsts.

my buck
Old 12-11-2003, 08:05 PM

Default RE: got me a buck!!

congrats on the kill and nice buck to.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Nice looking buck. Congratulations!
Old 12-11-2003, 08:44 PM

congrats on all the first, and nice deer too
Old 12-11-2003, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the slide show! Nice deer!

Good luck on the next one!
Old 12-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool nice looking buck Congrats
Old 12-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your buck, he should be some good eating as young as he is.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:59 AM

congrats on the buck!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanx guys. now i am gonna wait for a bigger one. i always shoot the first buck during shotgun and then hold out for something bigger.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:14 AM

Congrat's KOBear!

Quick Reply: got me a buck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.