Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

He Had No Choice?

Old 01-05-2002, 03:46 PM

Default RE: He Had No Choice?

i aitn goin to admit i have before lol but i see your point i definitly would have we have people here who let dogs loose on the property we hunt jsut to run the deer off i talked to one guy who sed he went to the dog pound and bought about 5 dogs before season then turned em loose in the woods now is that not ridiculous? as for your prediciment the dog was on your property right? and it did bite him so id get a lawyer. that guy should of bein afraid you was goin to sue him not him sueing you IM BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 03:47 PM

hey Bozman is Madison on the east or west side of ohio? seems like i ve heard of it Do you got a coal mine there or am i thinkin of Addison coal mines?
Old 01-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Spike

A buddy of mine who has taken the time to teach me how to hunt this year had almost the same problem. When he and the guy he was hunting with got out of his truck, he had a rott. and some kind of mixed breed dog come running at him. The dog was nipping at his pants leg and my friend had nothing in his hand to defend himself. His friend ended up hitting the dog with the butt of his gun a couple times and the dogs ran off. He went to the house of the people who own the dogs and told the owner that he would shoot them next time if it happens again. The thing about this was that my friend and the owner of the dogs are sorta friends. I guess the owner got the idea and has kept the dogs locked up. As for my friend he bought a can of pepper spray to keep on him in case it happened again. I believe my friend would have shot as well. If this guy wants to sue then I would counter sue for the dog bite like many others have said. It sounds like the dog owner has no respect for his dog to allow it to be put in that situation.
Old 01-05-2002, 06:06 PM

Im on your brothers side all the way! Why get your own self killed just so his neighbors dog will live? I support your brother!
Old 01-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure your brother isnt having numbness in his leg, causing extream difficluty in walking and working. I think that he should be seeing a Dr. about this and some counceling for him and his wife for the stress and emotional problems that this has brought on. I hope he gets this help before it causes any sexual disfunctions. He might want to see a lawyer also. He needs to tell him about all of this and also about the nightmairs that keep him up at night of this terrible attack that has left him unable to hunt.
Good luck to him
Rick
Old 01-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Spike

ok this may be hard to follow for a sec, but my girlfriends-sisters-ex-boyfriends-brother is going to jail for assaulting a guy that came into his house when he wasn't there, took his black lab out of it's kennel and beat it to death, for no apparent reason other than to kill the guys dog, and be an @$$hole. I think if someone even laid a hand on a dog of mine, I would be laying the smack down, and the poor bastard that did it would be hurting a lot more than the dog...
Old 01-06-2002, 11:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> According to everyone in here, that dog should have been arrested for tresspassing right. Still shooting the dog is against the law and we'll have to report that. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Hi janc! I guess you would've sat in the tree all night and waited for the nice doggy to go away. I've had reason, but have never shot a dog before. I would've in this case. The dog should've been restrained in some way and the entire incident never would've happened. I agree, I would threaten a counter suit. I would hope that this would be considered self-defense.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:56 AM

Bozman: In Ontario, Canada, dogs running at large in an area where deer inhabit, may be shot on sight by a Conservation Officer. Most don't do it, but they can. IMHO any dog that is in the bush, that bit me would be dead. I applaud your brother's efforts but I too suggest a counter-suit.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

All this trouble could have been avoided if your brother had just collected his arrow and gone home. He had no obligation to tell the neighbor about the incident. I suppose your brother did the right thing. He's a more considerate person than I am, I guess.

Quick Reply: He Had No Choice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.