HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Opening day harvest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/45870-opening-day-harvest.html)

ramdino 12-10-2003 06:52 PM

Opening day harvest

I guess it's time I shared this with everyone. Opening day this year I scored a nice 8-pointer. I'll try to enclose a pic. Last year was my first year hunting. I was so green I had to get on the internet the night before to find out where to shoot the darn thing. After taking a button buck, that I thought was a doe until I turned him over and my friends 10 yr.old informed my doe had a pair. So All year I obsessed and researched and read about hunting. I even grabbed a bow and got in the woods with a weapon ASAP. It was not until opening gun day this year that I harvested some meat for the freezer along with a nice head. Ill tell about the hunt later, but suffice it to say that my obsessing all year was greatly rewarded. My wife and I and the kids even prayed about taking a nice one. As you can see from the photo,hunting became a family affair over the year. My son wants to be a hunter. He even had a dear hunting b-day party. My wife bought camoflauge clothes for the kids. My wife even help me tote the big boy out of the woods and made the kids late for school so they could come get the deer that Daddy killed. All I can say is God is good and it is good to be a hunter. Now the buck ain't no B&C, but I am told he is right repsectable for this area. Any way, Good luck in the woods, remember who provided them.

Aught Six 12-10-2003 07:18 PM

RE: Opening day harvest

Congratulations on your first rack buck! Great story--I'm so glad to hear that hunting has so quickly become a family affair.

I just became seriously interested in hunting this year. Like you, I've devoured countless books, articles, and web pages in the quest to learn more. I still haven't made a harvest, but I'm taking to time to further my studies and become as prepared as possible for next year's seasons, both deer and turkey.

Once again, nice harvest! I wish you and your entire family many years of happy hunting experiences.

P.S. Can't wait to see the pic!

skeeter 7MM 12-10-2003 07:30 PM

Congrats on your deer and all the hard work you put into it to reap the rewards is a pretty sweet feeling. Hey "a family that plays together stay together" is my dads motto, so congrats on getting the crew involved with your new passion.

young_gun 12-10-2003 08:18 PM

congrats on the first buck.

PAhunterJEN 12-10-2003 08:33 PM

Congratulations on your buck. Can't wait to see your photo.
It's great to hear that you are getting your family involved. It will keep your family closer.
Also, I thanked God today when I got my doe. He does provide and I am grateful....:)

ramdino 12-10-2003 08:37 PM

Well, I have been trying to post a pic for the last two hours to no avail. I have tried everything in the technical section such as posting the url between the . all i get is a error message that says it is not supported. Any ideas.

royak 12-11-2003 04:14 AM

congrats on your deer no idea on the pic but if you send it to me I will post it for you

royak 12-11-2003 08:51 AM

great looking deer and family congrats on both

webejonesin2 12-11-2003 09:14 AM

congrats on your first and to your family!:)

Tazman 12-11-2003 09:31 AM

ramdino congrats on one fine buck! Getting the family involved is even better, that is the future of hunting. My twin girls have been hunting with me the last 2 years, they will be taking their hunters safety course next year and hunting the first time, I would love nothing better than for them both to get thier first deer next year. If you haven't taken your son on stand with you you need to soon, and do not forget little girls like to hunt to.