HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Last day of shotgun was good for me again. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/45746-last-day-shotgun-good-me-again.html)

Charlie P 12-09-2003 02:39 PM

Last day of shotgun was good for me again.

My father has been sick with the flu, and had his buck tag unfilled, so after taking my daughter to school I went over and picked up the tag.Drove about 26 miles and ten minutes after getting out of my car I filled the tag with a really nice 7pt. It's legal in NY to fill someone elses tag if they sign it over to you. This is the fourth time I remember getting a deer on the last day.Three times within about seventy yards of this spot.

I watched the Buck get out of his bed and took him with one well placed shot. :D

Aught Six 12-09-2003 02:45 PM

RE: Last day of shotgun was good for me again.

Congratulations--what a way to end the season! Do you have any pics?

NY Bowhunter 12-09-2003 02:58 PM

Charlie,
Will you give me directions to the opening to the underground tunnel system in NY that all the deer are using? I tried to locate it the last few days, but i couldn't seem to come across it. I take it that it's further south than me? Congrats on a final day Buck buddy. Way to go. Are you going to hunt late bow and muzzleloader?
Close your eyes and see what I saw today. Zilch!!

Charlie P 12-09-2003 03:24 PM

NYBowhunter, I'll be going back to this spot at least once with the Bow. I cannot believe the tracks I saw since we got the snow Saturday. They logged the neighboring property and thier bedding in the tops, and munching in his green field.

I pushed all your deer out of your area the other day.lol.

I can't take anyone in this spot or I'd gladly invite you down. The landowner is a little different, good guy and all but he's different. Picture this house. 11 bedrooms on the second floor two of them have fireplaces. It's an old cattle farm they had something like 500 head and the workers all lived there. They have a total of 6 fireplaces the place is huge. It's their summer place.

Wish I had a muzzleloader. I definately want to get one by next season.

You and I are going to have to get together for a couple adult beverages one of these days.

Charlie P 12-09-2003 03:26 PM

Aught Six, I keep saying to myself you have to get camera and carry it in your pack. No pics, sorry.

MDManiac 12-09-2003 03:31 PM

Congrats charlie....but you Cannot sign over Buck Tags...incase you didnt know. Only Antlerless DMP's, and Nuisance permits.

Charlie P 12-09-2003 04:18 PM

but you Cannot sign over Buck Tags...incase you didnt know. Only Antlerless DMP's, and Nuisance permits.
No I didn't know!! So now I'm a poacher? I honestly thought it was legal. Talk about feeling like a total idiot. If I did know I wouldn't be stupid enough to post on the Internet.

NY Bowhunter 12-09-2003 05:18 PM

Honest mistake Charlie. It gets weird with all the different tags and signing over and nuisance etc............ Wanna make that adult beverage a double??

Charlie P 12-09-2003 05:19 PM

Yes I do.

MDManiac 12-10-2003 05:43 PM

hey Charlie, no biggy, im not against that, but i just wanted to let you know!!

What the DEC dont know, dont hurt em...atleast every now and then! :)

They really should make that more clear in the books... [:-]