Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting >

Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Old 12-08-2003, 07:54 PM

Default Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

I think mine would have to be scaring a deer away when i clicked the safety on my knight disc. The deer was about 15 yards away and i clicked it and it took off. I said i would never do it again, but i did on my buck i got, except he just looked over at me and didnt run off. It was all bad.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

hehe dunno if it was unlucky but anyone watching would probably have been laughing there butt off.

a couple years ago i was deer hunting in a steady snow with my hood up. Saw a deer, got the gun up, took aim, fired, hood and snow fell down over my eyes, threw the hood up, found deer, fired again, down came the hood, happened a third time too, never did hit the deer
Old 12-08-2003, 08:04 PM

The last day of rifle season on my first year hunting I shot a 5 pt. buck and i knew I hit it but we couldn't find it. So we keep following the blood trail and we come to a cliff that is about 60 feet high and my dad grabs the binoculars and looks down and sure enough there lays my deer at the bottom in a canal so I had to walk all the way around so I could get to the bottom and good thing the antlers didn't break.

HAPPY TRAILS
Old 12-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youch. What luck.

When I fired my 30/30 at the biggest deer I've seen in our swamp, my baggy gloves caught the hammer and slowed it down enough to not fire the round. The deer heard the noise and scooted.

This may be a tie, but funnier. I shot a doe with my bow years ago, tracked it, gutted it and was in the process of dragging it out to the nearest road when I lifted the deer over a log and twisted a vertabrea out of whack. It was fairly warm so I had taken my coat off and had on a white t-shirt. From gutting the deer, I had blood all over my arms and shirt. The pain from my back doubled me over and I hobbled out to the road to get my car just as another hunter was walking down the road. He yelled, "YOU ALL RIGHT BUDDY???" It appeared to him because I was doubled over with blood all over my shirt that I had fallen on my broadhead. Funny but painful.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:36 PM

well, my first year hunting i lost my wallet with my drivers liscense and over 50 bucks in it. Never did find it either. i was mad.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I am sure we all have a locked our keys in a vehicle story but this one is as unlucky as one guy can get. My hunting partner and I were setting off after a change in venue, I got out of the truck with my rifle to relieve myself before heading down the trail, the wind slammed the door of the truck my buddy figuring I did and being the brain fart he is hit the locks and shut the door. Umm ain't that a pickle in the ignition are my keys, on the dash is my clip and behind the seat is my pack. After a few choice words I remembered I had the hide a key magnet in the box of the truck...so I said no problem you go on and I'll get the spare set of keys...most good buds would stay and help, no not my brain fart buddy off he toddles. Anyway I start searching for the magnet hide a key, but for some unknown reason it ain't where it is suppose to be...ok unload the quad and sift through the snow in the back of the truck to find the key. Still nothing what the h#ll, this isn't happening to me!!! I jump out of the truck box and start searching in the snow(franatically but carefully) and just then notice the hide a key, stuck to my quad ramps....ahhh relief as I was positive I was coming out with a broken window that night. Oh but this is where it takes an evil turn, as I turn to walk back to my door and unlock my god foresaken truck my eyes meet a glorious sight a very big buck standing broadside staring at the orange marshmellow with frozen fingers. As I fumble to get to my door and unlock the clip...yeap at this time that was all I had on my mind..he decided to saunter away untouched and gave me only a little wiff of his tail when he dissappeared into the pines. Well some choice words were said again plus many a thought of leaving brain fart boy for the wolves, in the end it does make a heck of a story and I can at least laugh..as he said "hey that's hunting!!!" of course this is after the 15th appology and "no really, are you bsing me." To this day I have no clue why a grabbed my rifle when I got out, had I left it he would have known I wasn't ready and never locked the door...summed up in one phrase "THAT's HUNTIN'!!!" In any regards I probably would have been long gone and never seen that bad boy in the first place...but that is still little sollace even after a number of years of this not so distant unlucky memory[:@].
Old 12-08-2003, 08:45 PM

i was in the stand and i cut myself with my broadhead i was bleeding for hours,blood was everywhere.that sucked ,my finger went numb.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:15 AM

opening morning ,in the dark my perminent (wooden) stand went out from under me . i hung upside down with my foot caught between 2 branches for 10 min.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Unluckiest thing that has happened to me is a tie between two seperat incidents.

First one. I fell out of a treestand as I was climbing up in complete darkness. fell about ten feet into the roos and jammed my back. Sat there all morning and had to be carried out by my hunting partners. No hunting the rest of the year.

Second one. While dragging a deer out of the woods I stepped over a dead log and into a hole on the other side and tore the ligaments in my knee. Thats not the only thing either, I had my treestand on my back which slid up and put a nice gash in the back of my head. I ended up belly crawling out to my truck (200 yards) with all my gear. I ended up going back in and getting the deer. It was a little difficult. I constructed a crutch so that I could go ing on my feet and get it. I managed to get it out the 200 yards in about 2 hours. I had to stop multiple times for the pain in my knee.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several years ago I was strapped in it just happened to be the same limb I was on a reall crazy shaped limb you had to see it anyway it was raining when 4 deer came in and I drew and released on one I heard acrack and the limb I was on broke in the position I was in I fell head first about 12 feet it knocked me out when I awoke I was covered in about 6 inches of snow so I was out awhile. I was 7 miles from my camper and on a motorcycle I believe it is the coldest I have ever been in my life I did make it back ok but I had phneumonia and to this day I still get to shaking when I get too cold and have to even stop driving when it happens. Now for the rest of the story when I fell there was a man in a tree about 50yds to my left he was watching me during the whole thing as the deer had started toward him then turned to me I didnt know him I did see my arrow hit the deer seemed to be a perfect shot at 10 feet. Naturally there was no trail due to snow but how could he leave me lying there I will never know. I do know at that time he drove a 77 blue ford truck as I saw him get out of it and go up the tree. I looked for that truck for a long time. All this being said never ever hunt in atree without being strapped in even a few feet up can be deadly and do not strap to the same limb no matter how big.

Quick Reply: Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.