HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   30 minutes left in our season and???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/45563-30-minutes-left-our-season.html)

strut 12-07-2003 06:23 PM

30 minutes left in our season and????

Had to settle for a doe. It was the last day of our Muzzle Loading season and tonight at about 4:45 I finished mine with about an 80 lb. doe. The 240 grain Hornady hollow point sabot did a fine job, about a 70 yard shot and she went about 75 yards before she crashed. After letting numerous does and small bucks walk by, I waited all rifle season and all M.L. season for Mr Big but it just did'nt happen and I was almost out of deer meat so she will do just fine.

Joe_148 12-07-2003 07:29 PM

RE: 30 minutes left in our season and????

congrattamundo!

royak 12-07-2003 07:39 PM

strut strut strut you didnt settle for a doe fortunatly for you you got a doe and congrats on it

strut 12-07-2003 07:59 PM

LOL Royak, Thats what I meant.

mauser06 12-07-2003 09:51 PM

good job........congrats....trophy hunting sounds hard...i will be there one day....i love antlers....but this year our spot was ruined the first day by a bunch of guys so after passing a few doe i said thats enough the huntings ot hard with them guys in the way and took a nice doe....saturday i took another nice doe.....now im hunting antlers....till the last few days of flintlock season....then if we can use a doe i will take one if im so lucky to get a chance.....congrats....too bad mr big didnt come by.....but just think...next year one of the many small guys you passed miight be mr big....good luck next year.....congrats this year!

Tazman 12-08-2003 10:12 AM

Strut I will be envious of you eating that yummy doe while I am chewing my OLD buck! He was so old his antlers were on the downhill side. Congrats on your doe.

skeeter 7MM 12-08-2003 11:22 AM

As far as I can see it you got a trophy, by seeing the game and letting all those potential trophies walk for future years. Standards are set personally and much more rewarding when they are adhered too, the success is you took a mature deer and have some great eats for the winter. Better than a young basket rack thrown in the corner of your garage or shed and feelings of I should have let him go. Obviously a lot better than the option of tag soup as well;)

Congrats.

webejonesin2 12-08-2003 03:28 PM

well its better then nothing, congrats on your doe, sure sonds tasty