Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can call secret

Old 12-05-2003, 02:32 AM

Default Can call secret

I don't know how many of you know this but you know how sometimes when using the can it doesn't come out as natural as it should? Try blowing through the hole at the bottom. You can control the length and the volume.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can call secret

Thanks, that's a good tip.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:09 PM

Talone, it's funny you would mention that. I just bought The Can on Monday and took it out with me on Tuesday. I was sitting in my stand think the exact same thing.I wasn't going to try it in the stand though. I'm going to get mine right now and try it.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the tip talone.i'll try it on my buddys can,i have yet to purchase one
Old 12-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hm, don't get me wrong; I mean well. But by blowing on the can, aren't you just doing the same thing as using a grunt tube? Only the can's a lot bigger to hold and try to blow into.

M.A.D. Calls Twist Tone....
Old 12-08-2003, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the tip!! Don't know if that is what did it but I used your tip instead of just tipping the can. The sound is much better IMO. Had a nice seven point come in and I was able to kill him. He has a 20 1/2" spread. He is a nice mature deer also. Don't know if the can is what brought him in or not but it didn't hurt.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:06 PM

ive been thinking about getting a can call. is it hard to fumble with because it is so big? have you had decent sucess with it?
raim
Old 12-08-2003, 03:18 PM

Thats something i'm going to try and remember, but deer season is over for me, and its gonna be along while before it comes back. thanks again.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:46 PM

Darn I thought this was an entirely different topic ie using the can and it not coming out naturally. Thought I was reading a thread about constipation instead of hunting lmao. Just kidding!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:44 AM

Good tip, I can probably control it better that way. Sometimes with gloves on I don't get a good seal on the hole and it doesn't make a good clean sound. I don't know if I'll use it this week with black powder, but I might give it a shot.

Quick Reply: Can call secret

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.