Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bad day yesterday

Old 12-03-2003, 03:27 PM

Default bad day yesterday

Yesterday, tuesday, i went hunting with a buddy. I was video taping for him as he hunted a 6 point. He is 16 & saw this nice 6 point & was only one he saw for a long time. Well about 330 he came down the path with 2 does. My buddy, hunting with a 20gauge shotgun, clicked his safety off. The 3 deer walked around the opening for a couple minutes. Then they came within 100 yards of my buddy. My buddy let them come closer. The wind was perfect & we didnt make a sound. I told my buddy the tape was running shoot when he was ready. He pulled up. Then boom. It sounded like a blank. My buddy didnt know what happened. He popped his barrel open & powder went ALL over him. The buck & does ran off as my buddy said a few choice words about the bullet. The bullet went 2 feet in front of the stand. He shot a doe later. He will be back hunting that 6 point till he a. gets it or b. deer season is done.

My vote is B.

Tim
Old 12-03-2003, 03:31 PM

Default RE: bad day yesterday

I'd throw the rest of those shells out ....good luck on the next shot at em
Old 12-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeez, does he have any idea what happened? What kind of shells was he using? I'd talk to a gunsmith--it doesn't sound like something you want to let happen again.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:40 PM

He threw the shells out. He doesnt know what happened but he was MAD! He was planning on going to a gunsmith or someone & talk to them. I dont know what kind of shells he was using.

Tim
Old 12-03-2003, 08:27 PM

I had a reloaded 30-30 not go off on a buck. Man was I upset. The only one out of 50 too.

I hope he gets another chance at that buck or another.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

You should tell your friend to find that shell that messed up and send it back to the manufacturer, my cousin had a remington shell misfire he sent it to them along with a letter saying how he used them all the time but was thinking about changing brands due to this misfire, they sent him a whole case of shells!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:08 AM

I'd also include the batch number as they may of had some problems with that batch. I sent some 22 casings along with the batch number back to Remington one time and when they crossed referenced the number they had had simliar problem from other people and sent me a cheque that let me buy 3 more bricks or the stuff and no problems.

Crawdaddy