Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting season over for me!!!

Old 12-03-2003, 12:49 PM

Default Hunting season over for me!!!

Well I am afraid my hunting season is over for 2003[:'(]. I passed up a few bucks in Oct. hoping for a nice mature one during shot gun, but that didn't happen. I very seldom get to hunt in Dec. do to work and my family, so I have packed up the hunting cloths. I guess I will have to wait until turkey rolls around before I pull them out again. I am very depressed about this years hunting. I didn't see very many deer and really didn't get out in the woods like I would have liked. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself.

Wish all of you success in your hunting and Merry Christmas to all of you.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Hunting season over for me!!!

No problem Cleetus. Everyone is allowed to feel sorry for themselves sometimes.

Just don't let the lack of success take away for the fact that you had an opportunity to enjoy and be part of nature instead of watching it from the sidelines.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cleetus, sorry your season was disappointing. I know what that's like - went 2 seasons without getting a deer, finally made good this year. Hang in there man, Fall 04 will be here before you know it. God Bless.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 PM

sorry to hear it Cleetus, we've all been there, season will be bk before you know it---Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:27 PM

Hey cleetus! Its all right bro. Those seasons happen lol! I should now. This is my 4th year hunting & in 4 years i got a squirrel with a chipmunks tail & 2 doves! lol. This year i brought it together. But next season will be creeping up on ya like a monster buck! Then BOOM it will be here.

Tim
Old 12-03-2003, 02:32 PM

i hunted in california for well over 10 years and never saw a deer in the woods. thne i moved to pa and hunted 3 years and came up empty handed. finally the 4 year i bagged a doe, next year i bagged 5point and then this year i bagged a 12point. so it happens to everyone...shoot, last year i didnt even get to hunt at all. there is always next year.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man I know how you feel. Its a big let down in a way. Before season I get out the hunting cloths and get them ready. Reload shells. Go to the range. Try to do some scouting. Get the freezer cleaned out and the meat cutting tools ready and then all od a sudden its over and it leaves am empty feeling that only preperation for the next season will fill. Its way to early to start that. I had a couple project for next year and I even got one of those done already. I polished the feed ramp on my 257 Roberts and took it apart and adjusted the trigger. I still have to put the scope back on and be sure the point of Impact is still on. I do still have the muzzle loader season comming up that starts Dec. 13 and runs to Jan. 31-04. Thats an Antlerless season. I took two big does during rifle season. One with the 280 handi rifle and one with my 257 Roberts. I am a meat hunter and don't give a hoot about shooting horns.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel. It will be ok. There is always next year. Last year was about the same for me. My dad and I had buck only tags here in Nevada. The biggest buck we saw was a small 3x3 that my dad saw with another 2x2, and I only saw two 2x2's and a spike. I had a shot at one 2x2, but passed because there was one more week in the season. I should have taken him, but oh well, that happens. Didn't even draw out this year (probably couldn't have hunted anyway due to kidney failure and dialysis). Life will get better, next deer season will be here before you know it.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:19 PM

I know how you feel, tag soup isn't my favorite either, but it's better than not going out at all.Cheer up big guy, next year will be better, who knows, it might be your year for a record book buck.I never let empty tags get me down, they serve as inspiration for the following year, add fuel to the fire that burns deep inside all hunters. Next year, a week before opening day, look at those empty tags every day, many times a day. By opening day I'm so hyped up I feel like I could run them down and do the job with nothing but my buck knife.Empty tags =a hungry spirit.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about your season. Better days ahead right? That's what I'm telling myself. First year I've ever been skunked during bow. I only have 5 more days of gun season and it's over for me too. Oh well I learned a few more things this year that will help me during more productive years. Good luck and hang in there. Dont' get mad get even.