Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you help him?

Old 12-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Would you help him?

Absolutely!! I help whenever I can. Good way to get some scent too!! I killed a buck 5 years ago. I had just finished dressing it and getting my gear together. I was alone. I was just about ready to start dragging and i see 2 guys coming down the path walking out. They come up to me and we chat for awhile. Talking about my buck and the land etc............ Anyway they say well good luck rest of the year and start walking off. I start dragging and they walk ahead of me lol. Didn't bother me that much cause I would have been dragging myself anyway. Just found it a little weird.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY Bowhunter to me that is really weird, maybe it has something to do with me being a southerner, but I can not imagine not helping drag another hunters deer out or at least offering!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:10 AM

In a heartbeat I'd help drag a deer out for someone I didn't know. I love hearing stories of successful hunts and whats a better way to hear one.

I can believe that others wouldn't help and I firmly believe what goes around comes around and someday those 2 guys will be in need of a helping hand and they'll get the same amount of help they offered NY Bowhunter.

Crawdaddy
Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 AM

I help anytime I can and have helped track,dress and drag .... I believe in karma and the classic Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I know when i bag a biggun I will definately appreciate the help and you wouldn't believe just from helping track down somebodies deer for him when he lost the bloodtrail probably helped him to recover every deer he shot from then on.... its a great chance to teach through example so instead of giving up looking after 10 minutes I bet he'll walk to his truck grab his spray bottle with H2O2 and go find his deer from now on
...and it makes me feel good to help another person out
Old 12-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep! Done it a time or two. I'd do it again.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:08 AM
ck
Fork Horn

Yep. I have helped on two so far this year. None of mine yet.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, I'd help him out if he wanted me to.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep, done it before.
The one time this old crank of a guy I drug a deer out for, didn't even have the courtesy to say thank you. It was like he expected someone to come over and help him.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:34 AM

no brainer .....help em drag it out. Its all about Karma man
Old 12-03-2003, 09:56 AM

I would help. Makes ya have a warm and fuzzy feeling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.