Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer kills 3 People in PA

Old 12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer kills 3 People in PA

Got this from the local news website....

State Police Say Deer Crossing Highway Hit By Car

STRINESTOWN, Pa. -- A car burst into flames early Monday morning after a violent crash on Interstate 83 in York County.

Three people inside the car were killed.

State police said the car was traveling south in the left lane when it struck two deer. The car then went out of control, hit the median and then went into the right lane, where it was struck by a tractor-trailer.

The driver of the tractor-trailer, which was carrying soy milk, was not hurt.

The woods nearby the highway are off limits to hunters, but state police said there are a lot of deer.

" This is horrible reminder that this is deer season and we have a lot of deer. We have a huge deer population, and they are going to be attempting to cross the roadways and we should be aware," Trooper Kristal Turner-Childs said.

Part of Interstate 83 was closed for about six hours.
Its ironic that this happened on the opening day for the firearms deer season.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Deer kills 3 People in PA

The woods nearby the highway are off limits to hunters, but state police said there are a lot of deer.
Gee, what a coincidence! Sounds like the state/county needs to rethink its hunting ban around that highway.

I' m sorry to hear that several people died, but if you don' t manage the deer, the deer will manage you!
Old 12-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i first read the title i thought some rut-crazed buck jabbed a couple of people. but after reading that, that sux
Old 12-01-2003, 03:55 PM

I have to agree that sux that those peolple died. Maybe the state should reconsider there hunting areas or there limits. Im not familliar with PA reg' s so maybe there limits are fine, BUT that still sux!!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:38 PM

I agree. Let us do our job and maybe there wouldnt be " alot of deer" near the highway. Sorry to hear what happend to them folks but dont blame hunters blame the state.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Spike

something similar happened in Wisconsin over the weekend. two people where killed when they hit a deer with their car and it reportly went through the front and rear windshield.