Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Why can’t we hunt anymore Dad? Well Son it’s our fault, you see the hunters did it to each other. Everyone became so hung up on who the “real hunter’s” were that we ended up loosing our rights.

The Bow Hunters couldn’t decide. The Traditional shooters said that the guys that hunted with compounds weren’t “Real Hunters” They needed let offs and releases and sites. People that hunt with Compounds just aren’t “ real hunters” because they don’t have all the skills that the traditional guys do. Heck, they shoot at a hundred yards and don’t know how to track, how can you call them” real hunters”? The Compound hunters shouted back YOU TRAD GUYS JUST WOUND THE DEER!!! Most of you can’t hit the broadside of the barn!! The only thing they could agree on was that people that hunted with Crossbows and guns weren’t really hunters, that don’t belong in the woods. Neither do guys that put on drives nor bait use stands, scents or calls. A scoped rifle for hunting sitting in a blind how can you call yourself a “real hunter”? It’s not ethical its just killing it should be banned. It kept up like that for years. Hunters bashed hunters and the non -hunting public paid attention and our seasons were lost. You see they took us at our word when we said that these guys weren’t real hunters and they didn’t belong in the woods. Funny thing is it ended up that no one qualified as a “Real Hunter” and our season they were lost.

These came to me after reading all of the different opinions on this and other boards.

We are the worst threat to our hunting heritage, of that I have no doubt.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:34 AM

Default RE: It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Great post Charlie.

I' ve been saying this for years!!!!!!! I couldn' t have put it in words near as good as you just did.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great post Charlie, the only problem is some folks will not hear you sitting on top of thier high horse![]
Old 12-01-2003, 09:06 AM

Amen!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:27 AM

Good post Charlie P, lets not forget the poachers and the guys that shoot, but don' t feel like tracking there game, etc...

I have to add one more little piece, alot of folks that hunt don' t relize how much they do for the sport. Everyone thinks this group or that group is what is keeping hunting going. The truth is, it is the guys/girls that go to the store and buy the products that is keeping the sport alive. Money and politics are one in the same, as long as hunting can remain a big money maker then we won' t loose our right. I know that there are laws and crap hitting us every day that we need to fight, but we also need to make sure that there are enough folks interested in the topic. People being hunters and gun owners are the real back bone not the NRA or any other group. I am not putting the NRA down, I' m just pointing out that without gun owners and hunters there would be no NRA.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amen, Charlie!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Charlie P, lets not forget the poachers and the guys that shoot, but don' t feel like tracking there game, etc...
These are the guys we should raise our voices about. The people that hunt next to one of the properties I hunt, set up a feeder with three tree stands around it. Well baiting deer, in fact any feeding of wild game in NY is illegal. I called the game warden, and got grief from a couple people for doing it.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:51 AM

First things first, this is one of the best forums on the WWW. Some of the other places I' ve been are rank! Personal attacks that get way out of hand, etc.

Actually, the only common problem I see on this site is the constant question of " ethics" . In particular when the high horsers start yammering about things that they know nothing about, have never done themselves and don' t care that the practice in question is time honored and traditonal in some parts of the country.(such as dog hunting) Talk about it if you want to, leave all the moral judgement out of it. The " if it' s legal it doesn' t make it ethical" quote is overworked also. A fella that has never shot a deer may very well take a yearling that a more experienced hunter would not take. So be it.
Gotta go sharpen my knife now!!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

good post. good point. What do you do if you don' t agree with something though. Turn your back, ignore it, or pretend like you are for it??
Old 12-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can we still hunt with spears?

Quick Reply: It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.