Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 It' s just not ethical! Food for thought. >

It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Old 12-02-2003, 01:00 AM

Default RE: It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter
good post. good point. What do you do if you don' t agree with something though. Turn your back, ignore it, or pretend like you are for it??
Yes, discuss it. But don' t be destructive in the way that it is done. " I disagree" is a good way to start, not " You moron, your not a real hunter. You are no better than the orange people" .

You know, talk about it. Like ADULTS!
Old 12-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, discuss it. But don' t be destructive in the way that it is done. " I disagree" is a good way to start, not " You moron, your not a real hunter. You are no better than the orange people" .
I have had more than one person banned from this site for just those kind of practices and will continue to do what I can to weed them out of here. There are plenty of other sites out there that they will fit right in with thier attitudes, not here if I can help it.

Great post.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know, talk about it. Like ADULTS
Point well taken. I will from now on post whether I agree or disagree on a topic, but do it in a civil manner. I apologize for past posts I understand what you' re saying. Maybe I' ll reply after the coffee wears off. Idiots, morons, orange people, etc.... is uncalled for and this isn' t the place for it. My bad!!
However i do think civil arguments are needed here. Like someone else said it' s a good way to learn by hearing other sides of the coin. ie: like I did on the deer drive issue. I' m still not for the if it' s legal its' right thing though. I think we should structure hunters to what the mass or majority of hunters find acceptable. Shooting deer in the arse, taking 300 yard shots, etc.... all legal, but i would hope hardly acceptable. What about if I decided I didn' t feel like recovering a deer, it ran too far off and I' m tired. It' s my right isn' t it? I just don' t see how to let someone post a story like that and tell him well you did it legal so it' s ok i guess. But whatever the case may be ........charlie good post and I agree with ya!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

However i do think civil arguments are needed here
Very well said.

Shooting deer in the arse, taking 300 yard shots, etc.... all legal, but i would hope hardly acceptable. What about if I decided I didn' t feel like recovering a deer, it ran too far off and I' m tired. It' s my right isn' t it? I just don' t see how to let someone post a story like that and tell him well you did it legal so it' s ok i guess
arse shots and Poke and hopes, aren' t accetable in my book either. I watched Brenda Valentine make a 412 yard shot on an elk with a Muzzle loader. She hit him the second time, I wasn' t impressed. For some people long range shots are the norm. I have never hunted with anything but a bow and shot gun for deer,and have never hunted out West so a long range shots aren' t my cup if tea. Heck, I rarely shoot at a moving target.When I saw the show I kept saying to myself can' t she get any closer?If a person can make the shot consistantly, I' m not going to complain. If a guy doesn' t practice at those ranges I' d speak up. Just like when someone shoots an animal with a bow at 60 yards and has never practiced at that distance.Fact is we will never change the" old Dogs" it' s the new generation we need to mold.

If you shoot a deer and don' t track it that' s wanton waste and I believe it' s illegal in most states. I' d have your back in that discussion, I assure you of that.

Your apology shows what type of person you are.

Snowing up there today??
Old 12-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Madel722, honestly not much happened to the guy. The warden went in there on opening day of gun and the guy was in one of the stands,he removed the feeder, so no ticket was issued for hunting over bait.He might have got a ticket for feeding the deer I' m not sure. The thing is he had been hunting in there during bow season and didn' t get caught.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I allways thought we where all hunters ,no matter how/ what way we did it. I for one hunt with a Bow and a gun. I find that it is just a different way to hunt. Never tried a Traditional bow but then again I don' t relly care for them, but I never though any thing agaist them, if its your thing then so be it. Good topic Chuck! The only thing I never understood is the hunters that sit in them house blinds, why they ware camo ? when your closed in hmmmmmm , its still hunting ! ...BT
Old 12-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

I have replied/commented on this topic b4 in other posts.If you read "anti 101" you will see that this is one shell in thier ammo belt, LETS TAKE IT AWAY FROM THEM........... United we stand , Divided we fall........
Old 12-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Snowing up there today??
snow? It is beyond nasty out. I tried going out this morning, but you can't hunt what you can't see. Man there were squalls like I've never seen. With that North wind I was sure the deer could smell me in PA. I had to bag it around 8:00 it was gusting to 45 miles/hour. accckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 12-02-2003, 04:28 PM

Charlie-

Back to earth Charlie, please. You post is obviously a spin off from another posting. That discussion was no different than having a debate between preferrences Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Although your post implies it, the sky in not falling. Hunters are not arguing eachother into no-hunting oblivion. I don't recall any of us hunters suggesting that a certain type of hunting should be banned.

Debate is health, and fun. As I see it, we are all still on the same side. Tomato, Tomoto, big deal. Have fun, hunt safe, eat well, respect others and enjoy the great outdoors.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Back to earth Charlie
, Don't worry my feet are firmly planted on earth.
I don't recall any of us hunters suggesting that a certain type of hunting should be banned.
I've seen it more then once.

Quick Reply: It' s just not ethical! Food for thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.