Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 have put countless hours in the  woods >

have put countless hours in the woods

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

have put countless hours in the woods

Old 11-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default have put countless hours in the woods

I have put countless hours in the woods this season so far. I havent gotten a deer. Is there anyone else just like me right now?
Old 11-28-2003, 05:26 PM

Default RE: have put countless hours in the woods

Scout out some new stomping grounds man! Find where they bed and get in there EARLY!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:41 PM

Thats right time to find a new spot dude. You may only be 100 yards off from seeing deer everynight. Wait till midday and take a walk. If you have a climber even better
Old 11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hear you i have spent many hours bow hunting and have yet to draw back my bow just cant catch a break got one last weekend with a slug and next weekend is second season shotgun so i got two more tags to fill
Old 11-28-2003, 05:54 PM

deerhunter1224,
man, I hunted nearly eight years before I even killed a deer, so I know how you feel. Of course, some of that time was learning time so I probably made some critical mistakes, but for the most part, I hunted hard and correctly, I just didn' t have a good place to hunt deer. Or else it was something like I' d have a buck tag and only see does. Really, I was 19 before killing a deer! It takes some time. I probably put 30 hours on stand before killing a deer this season. With some patience, I' ve already taken two this season! Just hang in there. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2003, 06:06 PM

Been in the woods this year for four weeks saw plenty of deer but could not shootnthe 2 bucks i saw, they were moving to fast chasing a doe, but yesterday morning was magik 1 hour sitting at the base of a tree and the buck of a lifetime shows up right after i did a fawn bleat 3 times look at the pictures i have posted on my name elmer deer. Alot of patience and time in the woods and a whole lot of luck,especially in a spot thats been hunted hard by a lot of hunters.Just goes to show you the big ones usually die of old age.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:20 PM

Yup...been there...done that! I have hunted MANY MANY hours without even seeing a buck! Last year was the worst...I took two weeks off during the rut...no bucks. I hunted for HOURS! I live in NH... in an area with no farms and extensive forests...big woods! Plenty of sign around...but you have to be " in the right place at the right time" . This year was better...got a 6 point. But have been bow hunting since...nothing except a small 4 point. That' s hunting...hurry up and wait on your stand until you' re so cold and wet you cannot stand it any more. Hours and hours.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing...and expecting different results...try something different!

LOL