Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 2 bucks! pic

Old 11-26-2003, 12:09 PM

Default My 2 bucks! pic

There I was 7:00 opening day morning a doe came up to my bait pile. My dad and I had 2 doe tags and 2 hunters choice tags between us, so I was debating about plugging her. I figured that she was a little on the small side, so I just watched her. All of a sudden she just looked up and stared. So I turned around and started watching. Pretty soon the fork came into view. He was turned just right, I thought that he was a 3-pointer, so I aimed up a 40 yard shot. Bamm through the heart, dropped him on the spot!!

I called my dad on the radio, he hunts about 200 yds away. He came to see him as I quick gutted him out. After we went back to out stands, I again waited.

Around 10:00 another doe came out and went to my bait pile. She was about the same size as the previous one, so I waited. I watched her for about 1 hour before she started trotting off. I started thumbing a new grunt I had bought to see what her reaction would be. When all of a sudden behind her I saw some movement. She slowly trotted away. But the deer behind her came into view. There he was. His horns glistened. I thought the he was a 6 or 8. He was walking towards me, so I waited. He got to about 50 yards, then he turned and started walking away. As soon as he gave me a semi broadside shot, I took it. He jumped, I knew that I had a good shot. He started to run away. He dropped about 20 yards later. I knew that he had a decent rack. I quick got down from my stand and walked over claim my trophy. When I got up to him, I saw he was actually a 9 pointer.

Sunday, I also shot a doe eating at my bait pile. Shot her in the head, no meat wasted at all. I' d say that it was a successful hunt.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My 2 bucks! pic

Good job!

You definitely had a successful hunt!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations! Glad to hear you had a good time, and on opening day for that matter.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:01 PM

congrats on the nice bucks and the succesfull hunts
Old 11-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

showoff, lol........very nice......
Old 11-26-2003, 07:35 PM

Congrats on your deer, that was a good hunt Nice looking 9 point.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that was a good hunt you had there. Congrats to you on the deer.

Brian
Old 11-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Spike

Hey nice deer.
Just curious though. WHere you hunt are tags issued to individuals or can you combine someone elses tags with yours? You said you and your dad had 2 doe and 2 choice tags between you. You shot 3. Here I am only allowed the tags that are issued with my license unless I am in a county where bonus tags are available. MY point is I can not combine tags or use tags from someone elses license for deer that I kill.

Good Hunting
Old 11-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks. Congrats!

Quick Reply: My 2 bucks! pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.