Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

posting a buck pic

Old 11-24-2003, 08:39 AM

Default posting a buck pic

Help, I took a picture of my bucks from opening day, but they are too big. You can only upload 30 kb pics. Any ideas on how to shrink the pics???

Thanks,

Scott
Old 11-24-2003, 12:30 PM

Default RE: posting a buck pic

Do you have any photo editing software?? You might have got something with your camera. Check those out. Then find a menu that talks about resizing. Perhaps right now the picture is at some big Resolution like 2048 X 1024. OK just scale that down to something like 400X 150 or so. then save and see if it is small enough. Won' t look as good but it will help you post. I had to go through the same drill.

Good luck.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:00 PM

Thanks, I' ll check then try it out.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Matriarch Doe!

The easiest way to post a picture, without having to worry about the size so much, is to first join a photo hosting site and post it there. When you see bigger pictures posted here, that' s how they are doing it. One good one is imagestation.com. You can join it for free. Once you have your picture posted there, all you need is the URL address of the picture. To find the URL of an image, right-click on it. Then click on " properties" . A box will pop up, and about halfway down it will show the URL address. You can just highlight it, right-click on it, and click " copy" . Then, when you post, check " embed picture in post" , at the bottom of the screen you' re posting in, and paste the URL in between . The image you chose should show then when you hit " preview" . If it does, hit " OK" .
If you want to post more than one picture in your post, just copy down the URLs of each picture and type each one in between and they should all show up.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the info!