Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 holding deer in a certain area >

holding deer in a certain area

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

holding deer in a certain area

Old 11-23-2003, 05:22 PM

Default holding deer in a certain area

I just took me first decent buck with the bow the other evening( 6 pt.) and then my best friend took a deer ( 7 pt. ) the very next morning from the same spot, well while we were tracking the deer we seen a very nice 10 pt, my question is what is the best way of holding this deer in this area, I was gonna put out some of that magnet mix and a 100lb. bag of salt every 60 days. Do you think this would hold him there? I don' t want him to wander too far and get himself hurt.I would love to bag this one next year. Keep in mind we are the only two that hunt this area. Thank you for any input.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:53 PM

Default RE: holding deer in a certain area

I would give him year round Fedding i using corn in my spot i cant plant no Clover but im keeping him fed Im after a nice 6 point FIRSTDEER im blind hunting He' s been there once Well hope my advice Helps!!

P.S. If you keep feeding him next year he might be a twelve GET EM