Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-23-2003, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Hmmmmmmm........ jealousy???????

Why bash a guy for doing something that is legal? Hmmm, have you ever shot a small buck? Should I come out there and ridicule you for shooting that???

Albino and piebald deer are GENETICLY INFERIOR!!!!!!!!! They taint the herd. Albino and piebald deer are usually not as healthy, they don' t have as large of a body weight, and alot of times, they have defomities in their legs that make them short.

This is almost as ridiculous as the kid who shot an albino just to have some lady in his town try sueing him because " that buck was her re-incarnated husband"

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS to that guy, he got himself a albino, and a brute at that!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-23-2003, 07:37 AM

here in michigan it is illegal to shoot an albino. but a friend of mine shot a doe with antlers. why is one genetic defect fine to eliminate and not another?
Old 11-23-2003, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

That would make an awesome mount.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:43 AM

Obviously the strong majority feel there is nothing unethical about killing an all-white deer and many also express the view that these animals are genetically inferior and should be culled from the herd. Given that this is the overwhelming point of view here, I wonder if anyone has an informed opinion why it is made illegal to kill them in some jurisdictions?

The other thing that confuses me a bit is if an all-white deer is considered a genetically inferior reject why someone would want one as a trophy? gg.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:52 AM

The reason some states have made it illegal to kill them has nothing to do with the deer at all, it has to do with non-hunters. People piss and moan about the deer because it is " special" but in all truth, they are genetically inferior!

The reason why someone would shoot one???? Well, first off it is a deer, and they are deer hunting! It is what they are after and what they have put so much time and effort into trying to kill. They are also rare, which makes the deer unique, another thing people like! Like another guy said, if you had a 290" non-typical in front of you, are you going to shoot it? It is a rare deer!!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

GG, I fall in the category that would view the albino as a trophy, as long as it was legal.

This discussion has brought another question to mind. Why do some states make it illegal to kill an albino deer?

Do they view that it should to be protected just because it is rare or do they believe it is not fair chase to take an animal without its natural color protection? To me it doesn' t make sense to encourage the reproduction of inferior animals.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I saw that buck In NY I' d shoot it.

Unethical,nope good herd managemnet.

Old 11-23-2003, 10:56 AM

I looked up Nascote, Illinois in the map that I have and on Terraserver, but could not find it. Bunker hill is just NE of St. Louis, Missouri.
If he killed this buck where it is legal, then I would have too ( it is a trophy ).
I used to say that I would let it walk, but now I think that if it is legal take it before someone else does.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:31 PM

I think its because of the same reason some states like wv dont have sunday hunting, someone who has no clue abotu hunting makes up the rules for it.
Man i bet the anti hunters love stuff like this, a controversial subject that tears the deer hunting community apart.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

i dont see a problem shooting that deer like a few other people said a deer is a deer. i would most defenitly shoot it...

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.