Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

The picture doesn' t add up.

See the brown on top of the head? That is more like a piebald than an albino. Furthermore, if that IS brown that I see, and I' m not seeing things, that is NOT a completely white deer, it is a piebald and thus legal to shoot (I assume) in Illinois.

I don' t personally know the killer
Before the discussion of the legality/illegality of hunting this deer ever arose, the original poster at this point had labeled the guy a " killer" , not a " hunter" . The whole post sounds like " anti" rhetoric to me. If not, I apologize, but if the deer was taken legally you shouldn' t be ripping on someone for hunting legally.

How do we know who this guy is? This friend-of-a-friend thing should be a flag. Maybe the hunter is from Illinois, but hunted it in another state. You need more information before you slam someone publicly about this. You know, a friend of a friend knows someone who forwarded 100 emails and got a $5000 check from Microsoft!

Finally, as a hunter YOU are a predator, just as a coyote or a mountain lion. How long do you think that animal would last if we still had the real predators around? I hope if I get to hunt a big buck like that, especially a white one, that everyone around me thinks as you do... lots of people to keep him moving, no one shooting!

BTW, I remember when I was in high school, there was a 1 1/2 year old 8 point that EVERYONE was hunting... they drove out every little patch of woods trying to find him with no snow on the ground... he had no problem evading them through the two week rifle season. So much for unethical hunting of disadvantaged deer... or should we say ' pigmentally challenged' ?

As a side note, the law reads
" White Deer Protected "
IT IS UNLAWFUL to take any all white- Whitetailed deer at anytime.

The horns ain' t white!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

i don' t think it is a fake

And i would have shot it in a heartbeat, as long as it is illegal. If i was in IL, then i wouldn' t, bottom line. I have yet to see a white deer, but if i see one while hunting, it might end up on my wall.

The legal aspect aside, i think it is not unethical to shoot it. If it makes a deer easier to see, sucks to be him. Arent drop tines, and extremely non-typical racks considered defects? But we still shoot them. I dont see why it would be illegal to shoot them in any state
Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 AM

Personally,it would have been a hard decision to take him.To me, thats an ugly looking deer.Granted,an albino is unique and rare,but you have a lot of " bubba" hunters who will take the legs out from anything with antlers and 4 legs.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that if it is legal then by all means take the deer. I have never until this post heard of it being ilegal to take an albino deer. I know that we take all albinos and piebolds that present a shot. I think I would get a full body mount as well, pretty buck.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:23 PM

mddittman

I' ve put a couple more photos on the web page www.whitedeer.funtigo.com which are blow-ups of the deer and the deer' s head which more clearly shows the brown hair. As you point out, and as someone else did before you, this may mean it' s a piebald and take the lagality aspect out of the equation which was not part of my original post anyway. I wasn' t initially aware it was illegal to kill an all-white deer in Illinois, that was pointed out by another poster later on. Illegally killing a deer at any time under any circumstances is unacceptable and if this deer wasn' t illegally killed because he' s a piebald and not an all-white then that' s good. That doesn' t change the ethical aspect of my position or question.

Are we being a little picky on my use of the word killer? I could have used; shooter, person who killed the deer, hunter who killed this deer or just; hunter, as you suggest. The problem with these posts and the one-way communication involved is that there is no body language seen and no voice tone or inflection heard and then you can add in the different emphasis, importance and meanings people place on certain words. Believe me I' m no " anti" .

I think this topic has pretty well run its course. I think we have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

GoodGuy, I really can' t see a problem in taking a white deer. As far as Locals I wouldn' t give a fly hoot about them, they can be some of the most ignorant people around. Now Moose , I tend to be looking for Big Black Blobs and would most likely not see a white one , but if one came to the call , well I think he would be toast. If it was such a crime to kill one , then why the heck is there one in the Cochrane Hotel on Display.Everyone tips the glasses to that moose...BT
Old 11-25-2003, 08:05 PM

Goodguy,
Nashville,IL is SE of St. Louis, just over an hour from where I live now, in East Alton, which is just NE of St. Louis.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Spike

A genetic malfunction, But a true trophy!
Old 11-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

well... i have to give the guy who took the deer this... at least he shot an ACTUAL albino deer... we had a guy here shoot some person' s white pet billy goat and actually tag it and gut it and took it to main street to brag until one of the locals let him in on a little secret... IT' S NOT A DEER... hm... i wonder what gave it away... the collar and bell around it' s neck or the very short legs.... ...
Old 11-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

that deer is not legal to take in illinios where it was supposed to be taken from unless it was a canned hunt .i dont know why they are protected in illinios but they are i would shoot it if it was legal

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.