Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

the photo is totally fake, IMHO. look at the head where the antlers are....bogus!
moose
Old 12-01-2003, 01:24 AM

Like most others I agree and congratulate the hunter, I watched albino twins on our farm for 2 years in Mich. and if it was legal I would have wahcked one. To much emphasis is put on albino and white deer why don' t you hear people freaking out over the more rare deer that appears black sorry I can' t think of the term right off hand. If it' s legal what' s the problem....
Old 12-01-2003, 01:31 AM

I agree with the others and congratulate the hunter. To much emphasis is put on killing white deer why don' t people freak out when someone shots a deer with melanism or a deer with black pigmentation which is more rare than the albino. We had albino twins on our farm in Michigan for 2 years and if it would have been legal I would have a full body mount white deer in my family room today. If it' s legal leave it alone....
Old 12-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. Never heard of the town. Can`t find it on a map.

2. I think the brown patch would make it a legal harvest in Illinois.

3. What year was the deer shot? I thought even resident tags were bright white this year? The one on the deer is not.

As to your original question goodguy.....if it was a legal harvest......yea, your way off base here.

You asked!
Old 12-01-2003, 02:10 AM

OK, lets look at the legality. I am an Illinois resident. In our state in which the deer was hunted, it is illegal to take such an animal. An all white whitetail deer is considered a protected species in the state. That is why more of these uniquely different variation of the whitetail are becoming more abundant. The hunter in question should have charges brought agianst him for the simple act of poaching. Ethics in our most cheerished past time must be maintained. Incidence such as this one gives more ammuniton to the ani hunting lobby, which is something we do not need. The rack is impressive I will admit, yes it is an impressive trophy. Yet the trophy should not surpass our ethics.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

CGATES, first.....welcome to the board!

I just looked in the hunting regs for Illinois concerning white deer.

The only thing I could find was that it is illegal to shoot an " all white" deer. The deer in the photos has brown on the top of his head.

As a resident, you might know more about this. Do you know if the brown patch makes him legal?
Old 12-01-2003, 02:38 AM

Thanks Big Country for the warm welcome.

As for the brown patch in the middle of the forehead, I am uncertain if that him a legal deer or not. In converesations on of past incident with Game Wardens as well as the men and women wroking deer check stations, if the deer is completley white with a brwon splatch here or there it is still considered an all white deer. In other words it is mainly up to the discretion of those who may be checking the deer in. As most of us here agree, it is an all white deer. With that being the common conception then I would say the law should apply. Yet to be on the safe side I should e mail the Department of Natural Resources for confirmation which I am preparing to do.

Thanks Again for the welcome.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are welcome...for the welcome!

Let us know what you find out from the dnr.

I have hunted in Illinois for 7 years now....3 weeks straight each year, and have yet to see a white deer, or even a piebald there.

I have seen one heck of a lot of BIG BUCKS, even brought several home!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it was legal I would have taken that deer, the main thing I hunt deer for is the challenge, I am not a trophy hunter, but I prefer to kill big bucks or doe, I kill them both for their meat, but kill the big bucks for their beauty and uniqueness, I will also take any albino or piebald I can legally for 2 reasons, number one they are beautiful and number 2 albinoism is a geneticaly inferior animal.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

if the deer is completley white with a brwon splatch here or there it is still considered an all white deer
If that' s true it' s assinine. Seriously, so how big would the brown patch have to be before it was a legal deer? Talk about a grey area!

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.