Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season >

Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season

Old 11-18-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season

I was wondering if anyone has tried rattleing in bucks during the gun season? It looks like the bucks will be on the end of their rutting when the gun season starts in Wisconsin. Would the bucks respond to the rattleing with the other shooting going on or just say I am getting the heck out of hear?

Thanks for your help.
UpNorth
Old 11-18-2003, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season

Here in Kentucky i have got alot of bucks to come into rattling during gun season. This passed weekend me and my brother rattled in a 6pt for his girlfriend and he rattled in a nice 9pt. It had a 19in spread and scored a 110 with only one circumferance measurement. I thought it was a solid deer. The deer was only 2 1/2 years old too. Man it would have be a nice one but im proud of him. It was his first buck. Well back to what im suppose to be writting about, down here we have usually had good luck with rattling durning gun season.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the info Buck Blaster. I guess I can only assume that if it works down there it should work up here. Guess it depends on excited the bucks are. Do you use real horns or synthetics? Any helpfull suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
UpNorth
Old 11-19-2003, 08:35 AM

I use a rattling bag. It is easy to use and sounds like two bucks fighting. I am going to try rattling during gun season myself to see what kind of response I get. Good Luck!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 11:12 AM

During bow season I saw alot of deer but now as it' s gun season they have left.I think I' ll try some rattling today.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:09 PM

last year here in wisconsin i rattled in a buck on the 1st sunday. he was only a fork so i passed him up, but when he came over the ridge he was very surprised not to see any big bucks clashing antlers. i seems to me that where i hunt in Elcho, the rut isnt full on yet. i know we had the " rutting moon" but there doesnt seem to be much sign. we hunt over about 200 acres and have stands all over the place, but still we dont see much sign. oh well good luck this weekend and next. i am going up to elcho tommorrow to do some work on our cabin before season starts and will hunt through tuesday and hope to be back up by friday. sorry to rant, im just so excited
Old 11-19-2003, 05:55 PM

What kind of ratling do ya`ll do and when? do you add any calls (grunts, bleats,snorts,etc.)?
Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM

Yeah it works in gun season here in PA.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:16 PM

I tried rattling today.Of course like usual nothing happened and the deer that where around I probably scared off.I live in Minnesota and have never really heard of anyone rattling in deer in this neck of the woods.I have heard that the deer population has to be at the right buck to doe ratio for rattling to work.I have synthetic full antlers that I use.I just kinda turn them and bang them alittle and than rub them together some.But like I said I have no idea what I' m doing and usually don' t even think about rattling until I get desperate for venison which is where i' m at this year[X(]
Old 11-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Rattleing in Bucks During Gun Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.