Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Facts on hunter orange

Old 11-17-2003, 05:42 PM

Default Facts on hunter orange

Been meaning to write about this for some time now, and another post reminded me of it. Hopefully someone who can use this to good use will read it. Just a little note on hunter Orange. Years ago when the laws where changed to institute the use of hunter Orange for saftey reasons someone forgot to ask thoughs of us who are color blind what we thought. Being Red/green color blind, wich is more common than you think, hunter orange stands out as much as a surrender flag in a blizzard does. Thoughs of you like me Know what I' m talking about. The Orange color in our spectrum of color is a dull color no different than any fall color. In the state of Pa. I see the road crews are now using fluorecent yellow good Idea I can see that. All you law makers might want to rethink this issue. I mean lets face it, It' s the politically correct thing to do.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Spike

Default RE: Facts on hunter orange

I' m not color blind, but good point
Old 11-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

good point I never would have thought of.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe when they came up with that color it was because there is nothing in nature that can be mixed up for flouresent orange but with all those yellow leaves out there using fl. yellow may cause problems. Just my 2 cents on what I was told a looong time ago.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:29 PM

her in vt fl. orange isnt required to be worn, its suggested that it should. BUT you do have a good point on being color blind, i do beleive that when most laws pertaining to ones safty are made, there are a whole lot of things get missed. but that is just my thought/opinion. Im not color blind but have thought about those who are, lawmkers probabley over looked them. Again good point. jerseyhunter has point also, I guess in a sense there will always be glitches in it.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:32 PM

it will be one of those things, they wont change it until something goes wrong.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:42 PM

Jersey I understand the reasons for orange, and its hard for people who are not color blind to understand it. but I don' t see orange like you do it blends with the surroundings. Yellow on the other hand stands out like a Quote " red flag" In fact to tell you how bad it can be. I had a red hunting hat that I wore for 6 years before my brother asked me why I wore a red hat instead of the required orange one. I thought it was orange[8D]
Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 PM

well unless more people bring it up its probably not going to be an issue..unless you make a big stink about it and try to get something done.. which is a good idea for people that may be color blind.. also it would be hard to change B/C so many people already have the orange..
Old 11-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Imagine the money to be made if they did change it to Flo. Yellow![] Its probably a matter of time!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since the hunter orange requirement was dropped several years ago in alberta the number of accidental shootings has not increased at all.

Quick Reply: Facts on hunter orange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.