Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!! >

Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!!

Old 11-17-2003, 04:40 AM

Default Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!!

PA opening day is just a couple of weeks away. i' m always excited about it, but this year i' m more excited than i have been in the past couple of years. i was fortunate enouph this year to be able to spend a lot of time in the woods this fall turkey season, even though i haven' t gotten my turkey yet, i have seen a lot of HUGE bucks. i was worried when they changed the point law again this year, but i don' t think i' ll have a problem spotting a legal rack this year!!! here' s where i' m hunting if anybody is familiar with the area.

just outside tidioute, northwest pennsylvania in warren county.
the terrain is pretty rouph but it has pines, thickets, open woods containing a good food supply, creek beds and even a blow-down area.
i' m using a 30-30 winchetster even though i have the choice of many other rifles including a .270 savage and a 30-06. she just brings me good luck!!

i would like to add that last year was my wife' s first year of deer hunting (it was like pulling teeth trying to get her to go) even though she missed a couple, including an 8 point, she is very excited about going this year!!! she even took vacation for that day from work which is odd because she never does that!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 05:35 AM

Default RE: Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!!

Yep, can' twait too....

I took my son with me scouting yesterday and he loved the hike through the woods and he saw some nice land. We started on private property than went into the game lands.

I also took him to the rile range and he like that too.

Tomster
Old 11-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It' s like waiting for Santa to come...
Old 11-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey PAJack - It' s been a while. Are you going to be hunting on my mountain? My dad and a few others have spotted an enormous 10-point up there.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-17-2003, 10:51 AM

Just curious, what is the point restriction in PA?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buck needs to have at least 3 points on one side to shoot in many counties. There are counties in western PA where the buck needs to have 4 or more points to a side. Simply stated - you have to wait for a 6 pointer or better if you live in the east and an 8 pointer if you live in the west. Last season was the first season.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-17-2003, 11:49 AM

I wish you luck boyscout.

Ill be hunting on the other end of Warren co durring late archery. Hope those big buck still have their antlers.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:54 PM

I know waiting for the opener in PA is like waiting for nothing else on this earth. I spend 360 days a year dreaming about it and 5 days living it. I' ll be in central Clinton County At camp Hellen Winter stop by if your in my neighbourhood.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 PM

It' s better than Christmas! No cooking, cleaning, cheesy music & decorating, etc. etc. Nothing better than being in the woods, the peace, the quiet, the fresh smell...oh wait...that' s bow season! [&:] Rifle season..... the cold, the constant shooting, the smell of gun powder........Either way there' s nothing like being in the woods!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM

I cant wait but unfortunately I have to work I wont get out till thursday... so save some for me

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania rifle season coming soon!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.