HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Road hunters (vent on poachers) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/43006-road-hunters-vent-poachers.html)

Silver0dd0 11-12-2003 07:48 PM

Road hunters (vent on poachers)

Hey everyone, sorry gotta vetn a little. Twice in the last week I' ve turned in roadhunters about a 1/4 mile from my house, once coming in from registering a deer we came up to a truck in the middle of the road with the hazards going and a door open and then tonight I was hunting one of our fields and heard 4 shots like a semi auto sounding. Didn' t think anything of it, then noticed some headlights down the road weren' t moving so I walked a 1/4 mile and found a van running with no one around, both times I phoned in the license plate #' s and had the sheriff called, 1st time they caught them, don' t know if they have found these guys tonight though. But 2 different times and i know of one more guy caught a mile down the road, so 3 times durring the 1st week of season, whats the deal with hunter ethics nowadays? I mean the 1st guys gut shot a fawn and left it lay while they gutted and started dragging the doe, these guys looked a little but walked right past the blood trail, I followed it a little tonight to figure out how bad it was hit and will probobly go out in the morning to finish it off. But anyways, stuff like this just makes me livid! This is the kind of stuff that gives us a bad name. I' m really hoping they catch these guys to, the cops found 4 shells in the middle of the road. Any of you guys deal with this kind of stuff or caught anyone in the act of some kind of poaching?

Stump_MN_Hunter 11-12-2003 08:40 PM

RE: Road hunters (vent on poachers)

I haven' t personally caught anyone poaching, but I' m glad to hear your doing the right thing when you see them. I was never one to carry my cell phone where ever I go...even in the deerstand, but I think I might now. Just for every situation.

LightningTim 11-12-2003 09:59 PM

last year when i arrived in west virginia 2 days before opening day of rifle to set up camp, about 2 miles from our property we noticed a deer laying the field, so we stopped and i pulled out the binoculars and could see its rack sticking up out of the grass. then i look over and there is a bigger buck 10 yards further. both shot by road hunters, we called the DNR to report so they came out and picked up the deer whiich were most likely shot the night before, and they were both beautiful racks especially for mountain deer. a big 6, and a really nice even, wide 8. makes me so mad too[:@]

xXx6182 11-12-2003 10:33 PM

I love deer hunting, and with that said, if I catch anyone hunting on my land or poaching on my land their going to get shot in the ass (if I have my bow) or have some flat tires (if I have my gun) then I will turn them in. Poachers should not be alowed to hunt the rest of their lives. Spnd 30 bucks on a tag and make it legal ignrant asses.

LIVE2HUNTNFISH 11-13-2003 12:13 AM

Road (shooting) there is no hunting to it. We have problems with it around here also.We have found piles of corn poured out on our land and the local game warden said it was put there by poachers that would drive by at night and check these piles with a spotlight. The game wardens have caught several with the (Dummy Deer) but a new one will just take their place.

Steve F.in MD 11-13-2003 03:18 AM

xXx6182.
You better re-think your reaction to poachers unless you want to join them in jail. You would be charged with attempted murder, a felony, and if convicted, you will give up your right to own firearms for the rest of your life. Pretty steep price to pay for over-reacting to a poacher isn' t it?

Deleted User 11-13-2003 07:34 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 11-13-2003 08:51 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 11-13-2003 08:53 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]