Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deep South Hunting Report

Old 11-12-2003, 11:38 AM

Default Deep South Hunting Report

I sat in a stand yesterday evening after taking the chainsaw to a load of limbs along a few road beds at the family farm. I sweated like a hard working injun, but I accomplished a great deal.

I sat there & as it got to be late afternoon, I thought, " Man, I am not seeing any elusive whitetails because of this deep Southern heat." So I sat there a piece longer & soon became certain I would not see any sign of that underhanded whitetail deer. Again, I attributed it to the heat I was experiencing.

As I sat a little more, by and by, a thought hit me like a load of bricks. " Sweetwater, what kind of example are you to the web site if you use an excuse like heat to your unsuccessful hunt?" I felt terribly guilty that I DEMANDED RESPECT from each of you & then proceeded to mentally prepare a report that was excusing my unsuccessful to the heat.

I want each of you to know that I do not excuse myself as a result of the heat. I want you to know that I simply was outwitted again. Whether it be I selected the wrong stand, sat for too long or not long enough - whatever - the bottom line is that I was unsuccessful when it came down to harvesting the elusive, Southern whitetail - which is usually much brighter & wiser than whitetails from other regions.

And I would like a few of you to say a few kind words about me as a reply to this post please. I think it will help my confidence for my next visit to the deer woods. So just hit " reply" under this post & say some kind words.

Thanks & I hope a few of you had the chance to hunt yesterday with a few friends/close family b/c that is what it is all about.

Old 11-12-2003, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Deep South Hunting Report

holy ego
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the biggest buck I' ve ever seen in the south, monday afternoon in the heat.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:51 PM

Sweetwater,

If I used a chainsaw on a few limbs near my stand just before sitting in it hunting, I probably would not see any deer there either. I only work on my blinds or stands weeks or months before I plan on using them, therefore I don' t spook them off and they get use to any changes I make. Also, is your stand near a funnel, some natural food source, or between bedding or feeding areas? Have you seen deer near there before? Have you shot deer from it before? Are you grunting or rattling? Do you use scents like doe in heat? I have a friend that has been hunting for several years now and he just goes in the woods and climbs a tree and expects to see deer. Well so far he has had no luck. I have gotten deer for the last four years and I try to help him but he is stubborn.

Also, I am from the North or a Yankee and I take exception to the statement that southern deer are smarter than other deer. Do you know this from experience hunting in other areas of the county? Your reference to a hard working injun is also inappropiate. I am part indian as well as several other nationalities and I resent the statement you have made.

If you want some words of sympathy, than try crying on your pillow. Also respect has to be earned and can not be DEMANDED. f you truely are the president, I know I did not vote you in and whoever did, needs there head examined.

Tomster

Old 11-12-2003, 01:09 PM

Pipe down, Tomster. Gracious. Allow me to run through & neagte your thoughtless post.

First, it is a well known fact that Southern deer are a might bit smarter than Yankee deer. Animals are not much different than people that is, in the different regions of the world. Naturally, you have more deer in the South that are more savvy toward eluding danger. I have hunted in the north & noticed that deer there are easier to harvest. And, yes I do hunt all over Gadsden County. Again, I mean no disrespect, but Yankee deer take after Yankee folk.

I did not break out the old chainsaw under my stand, turn it off, and then climb up for an afternoon hunt, mind you. I sat far away from all trimming. My stand was in an oak bed loaded with acorns. I see many deer there in the morning hours, but perhaps the evening is slower in that location.

In reference to DEMANDING RESPECT I have taken care of that alreday & I did not ask for yours, Yankee. Having the respect of a Yank is the least of my concerns. If you are looking for some PC message board that won' t hurt your fragile feelings then go to PETA' s home page.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2003, 01:25 PM

That' s good. I don' t think that you would be getting the respect of any " yanks" anyways.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Spike

I think someone' s been doing a LOT of yank' in lately...
Old 11-12-2003, 02:20 PM

i dont think sweetwater will be getting any respect from anyone in the near future or if he doesnt change his attitude, maybe ever.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:43 PM

The only yanking I have seen is Sweetwater yanking ya' lls chain and ya' ll falling for it. I get a kick out of his post and he certainly has a vivid thought process. LMAO Good Luck!! -- CDH [&:] [&:]

Quick Reply: Deep South Hunting Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.