Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I got a nice buck this morning >

I got a nice buck this morning

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I got a nice buck this morning

Old 12-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Manu
Nice Score Phil, HNI has fixed the upload problem. 2 red deer & 1 pig from last month.
nice congratulations!
Old 12-06-2022, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck Phil.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Nice buck Phil.
Thank you!
Old 12-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

I don't care where you're from; that's a good buck. Congratulations.

Tell us about the hunt
Old 12-06-2022, 11:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I don't care where you're from; that's a good buck. Congratulations.

Tell us about the hunt
Thank you and I will have to get back to you with the story as I am working my first day back after back surgery.. It’s a shutdown day so most likely a long day ahead..
Old 12-07-2022, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely a wall hanger. Congratulations!
Old 12-07-2022, 02:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow Phil that is indeed a Maine bruiser. Beautiful rack and if pre rutt would be a 200 plus pounder dressed. Nice job old friend. I got a small 6 point during rifle here in Vermont and just got a nice doe in our ML season

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-07-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Wow Phil that is indeed a Maine bruiser. Beautiful rack and if pre rutt would be a 200 plus pounder dressed. Nice job old friend. I got a small 6 point during rifle here in Vermont and just got a nice doe in our ML season
Thank you CI, I shot this with a ML at around 100 yards running threw some small aspen saplings chasing a doe. I also am thinking if it was in mid November he most likely would have been in the 220 pound range. I will be getting a shoulder mount done with him.. I can hardly wait to get it done..

Congrats on getting both of your deer. I am a meat hunter as well and will take whatever I can legally get. So you will be having some nice eating my friend..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 12-08-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Definitely a wall hanger. Congratulations!
Thank you Wingbone..
Old 12-07-2022, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Jake it was a long season for me! I tried archery hunting for a decent buck. I also tried rifle season but no luck. The side effects from those cancer treatments leave me coughing almost once every 15 to 20 minutes which really was messing my hunting up.

But on this day I had an early doctor appointment and was supposed to work my first night shift. So I called and took that night off. I had quite a discussion with the doctor about my coughing messing up my hunting. But, that was as far as it went. In my normal zone that I hunt all hunting season closed the Saturday before. But seeing how my doctor is close to 100 miles away and the zone up there where my camp is muzzle loading was still open for another week. So I went to camp planning on getting in around a day and a half. So I went to camp and fired up the wood stove and left for a drive looking for something. Being antlered deer only and the last week for the year I am driving along and see a doe eating in some saplings around a hundred yards away. So I stop and get out and grabbed the rifle and primer cap. I put my scope on the doe without the primer in my ML and looked hard for any antlers. Then suddenly out of nowhere this buck runs across between us. So I let out a whistle and he stops while I putting the primer cap in. Then he took to running so I hauled up and fired while he was running threw the saplings around a hundred yards away. It looked like he had hunched up some on the run. So I reloaded the ML and walked in to see if I had hit him or not. I could see blood on the leaves and around 3 feet high on the saplings and knew that he was hit. So I commenced to looking for him. I find him around another hundred yards away from where I had hit him laying on the ground..

I am also in a bigger bucks club locally and took him in to be entered. The entry rules states that they have to be weighed there. So they weigh him and he gets a 189 even dressed weight. I had my stepson take a picture of me with the buck.. He accidentally got the antlers chopped off in the photo. But there he tipped the scales at 189 pounds dressed. Here’s the picture that my stepson took to show how big he was..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 12-08-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.