Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Walking Deer?

Old 02-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Telling a poster to " not give advise because you don't know what you are doing" in no way whatsoever contributed to the original posters query. I have seen many posts by you just being an internet bully and I've just had my fill of it. You seem to be a very unhappy person that doesn't have the ability to pick on anyone in the real world, like most internet bullies are, so you come off with unkind and completely unhelpful comments on here. I haven't a clue why your rude comments aren't more closely monitored as I see your rude comments constantly. But I can tell you this quite easily, I don't deal well with bullies. I go by what my old man taught me years ago. Bullies are like balloons. Pop them hard and they go away.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Telling a poster to " not give advise because you don't know what you are doing" in no way whatsoever contributed to the original posters query. I have seen many posts by you just being an internet bully and I've just had my fill of it. You seem to be a very unhappy person that doesn't have the ability to pick on anyone in the real world, like most internet bullies are, so you come off with unkind and completely unhelpful comments on here. I haven't a clue why your rude comments aren't more closely monitored as I see your rude comments constantly. But I can tell you this quite easily, I don't deal well with bullies. I go by what my old man taught me years ago. Bullies are like balloons. Pop them hard and they go away.
Skippy, thr fact that you don't admit that your post assumed the OP was less than sensible shows me all I have to now about you. You started this bruehaha and your veiled threats do little to scare me Mr computer muscles. I have said all I am going to say on the matter. I am sure the OP is intelligent to tell who was trying to help him and who assumed he wasn't smart enough not to shoot into thick brush.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:22 AM
Spike

How ethical do you think it is to shoot a walking or standing deer? It can justly make a certain sound and give the deer a chance, otherwise it turns out very meanly ...
Old 07-11-2023, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

With a rifle, and you know how to shoot it is totally ethical to shoot a walking deer inside your range comfort zone.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

if its the shot of my choosing, I know my rifle, my ability so will make the decision when the chance comes. have killed many trotting, and running whitetails. its up to the individual hunter to apply his own skill and his personal ethics to each situation.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly right.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

As primarily a still hunter, and now tracking as well...
I don't often see a standing deer.

I'll take advantage when I do.
Old 07-23-2023, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

i once shot a deer when it was running full tilt across an open field. i knew what my rifle could do and lead the deer. i hit it right behind the front shoulder at an angling shot running away from me. the bullet cane out through the brisket. deer took about two or three steps and went down. by the way my rifle is a 300 H&H mag and the deer was about 50 to 75 yards away. if this would have been in the woods i would have never attempted the shot.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Spike

I sure wouldn't hesitate to shoot a walking deer with a gun!