Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2022 Whitetail Photo Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woah, nice buck Kelly!
Old 11-25-2022, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default day 1 and 2

caught this one walking around the ridge at 403 yards, 2 moa of up and a 2 pound squeeze gave him a dirtnap!

next day farther up the ridge this big boy was with 2 other bucks following aa doe, gave him a 123 ELD match from my 6.5 grendel at 50 yards, he dressed 179.5 pounds, unheard of for this area
Old 11-27-2022, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Two very nice WV bucks there RR.

Good shooting.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

First two days of PA season in the books.

We got some deer but I don't have enough service to upload stuff right now.

-Jake
Old 11-29-2022, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Good season so far.

Two youth got their first deer.

nine year old cousins first

Always good getting the kids onto deer.

Lots of miles spent pushing lots of thick stuff.

-Jake
Old 12-07-2022, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jake what rifle is that in the pic with the gentleman with the 8 point? Blazer?
Old 12-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Jake what rifle is that in the pic with the gentleman with the 8 point? Blazer?

That's my dad.

Just a stainless BLR in .300wm.

He got a 30 year bonus at work couple years ago and picked up a BLR. He's been on an opening day buck streak with it since lol.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Awesome buck congratulations Rob! I am really interested in the gross scoring.. I have one that is at the taxidermist for a shoulder mount. It has an outside spread of 23 1/2 inches. I never measured anything else and Maine Mastic for muzzleloader is a score of 125 or greater..

In fact there’s quite a few nice bucks! Congratulations to all of you!

I am glad to see the young ones out getting them as well Jake! Congratulations to them!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 12-09-2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hi all, it’s been a rough hunting season for me. I started it out after having back surgery and couldn’t lift anything over 20 pounds. I hunted the entire month of archery season without any success. I had a smasher of a 10 pointer show up just 20 minutes after I had left.
Then rifle season came for a month and left without any success. A lot of that was because after having cancer treatments 7 years prior I cough a lot and that normally happens every 15 to 20 minutes or so. But I never gave up!
Then I hunted muzzleloader season came and went in the zone that I normally hunt in. But where my camp is located I had one more week of muzzleloader season left. I had a doctor appointment Monday morning and we had a discussion about all my coughing. After the appointment I went to my camp planning on a day and a half of muzzleloader hunting. I get to camp and get the wood stove going to warm the place up. I figured that I would take a drive and see if I could see anything. It’s antlered deer only for me. Shortly into my drive I spot a doe in some aspen saplings. So I get out with muzzleloader with my primer cap in my hand and watch her for a short time. I am saying to myself for her to grow some antlers. The next thing I know a buck runs by her. I let a whistle out and the buck stops long enough for me to get the primer loaded in. Then takes off running and I let a big cloud of smoke fly out. I thought that I had saw it hunch up but wasn’t sure. I reloaded the muzzleloader and went in to check to see if I had hit him or not as he was around 100 yards running in those saplings. I get in there and find blood on the leaves and saplings. Then I knew for sure that I had hit him. I commenced to look for it and found it down roughly another 100 yards away! I was one happy camper when I found it and even more so when I saw his rack up close for the first time. I then went and got a guy to help me get him out and the rest is history. Do you folks think that he would score 125 or better? He has 23 1/2 inch outside spread with 8 points and field dressed at 189..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 12-09-2022 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil, the 2nd buck in my post scored 131.5, if that gives you an Idea. Jake, never saw a stainless BLR, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.