HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   HNI Ohio Muzzleloader Deer Hunt Jan 2023 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/428374-hni-ohio-muzzleloader-deer-hunt-jan-2023-a.html)

Bocajnala 09-09-2022 03:11 PM

HNI Ohio Muzzleloader Deer Hunt Jan 2023

I'd like to invite anybody interested to Southern Ohio January 7-10 for the Ohio Muzzleloader season.

I will work on getting details put together here in the next couple weeks.

This will be on public land (unless you secure private land on your own). I am not a guide. And this will be my first time hunting this area. Plans for me will be to arrive Friday January 6th and do some basic road scouting to get a good idea of the area, then boots on the ground that afternoon to plan for the opener on Saturday.

The season runs Saturday-Tuesday. My plan will be to sit mornings and afternoons and spend the mid-day still hunting alone or putting on small "drives" or "pushes" if we get a few people to show up.

I'm willing to help anyone track/recover deer, including dressing and dragging if you're physically not able. I've also got everything needed to either quarter, debone, or fully butcher deer right at the truck. I'll help you. Not do it for you. And there are local butchers as well that I can get contact info for.
A few quick things.

Ohio tags Estimated
Resident: $19 license + $32 either sex tag= $51
nonresident: $181 license + $77 either sex tag= $258

A bit pricey for non residents. But pretty much cheaper than other Midwestern states. Especially if you can get here earlier in the year for archery or gun season. Our archery season runs for almost 5 months.

Tags are available over the counter and are either sex. You can buy them online and print them from home.

Ohio is a 1 buck state. With no antler restrictions. You can only take one antlerless per season on public land.

.38 cal muzzleloader or larger.
Hunter Orange is required.

Other game in season at that time: squirrel, rabbit. I love small game hunting as well.

Hopefully a couple members decide to show up. Would be fun to get together and hunt. I have two people with me interested in going. But won't be surprised if they change their mind.

I'll get exact location and hotel info up within the next week.

-Jake

Bocajnala 09-10-2022 07:59 AM

Why are people reporting this as spam lol?

Real offer. I'll be there and hope some others join.

-Jake

Arrowmaster 09-10-2022 04:03 PM

No clue why it's reported.

JW 09-11-2022 03:59 PM

Public land Jake?
Inlines ok?

I'm interested

JW

kellyguinn 09-12-2022 01:21 PM

Sounds like a good time Jake. I'll be at a funeral/wake in England or I'd be there.

Bocajnala 09-12-2022 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JW (Post 4405973)
Public land Jake?
Inlines ok?

I'm interested

JW

Yes sir. Only regulation is "muzzleloader .38 cal or larger"

It will be on public land.

-Jake

OhioHunt 09-28-2022 06:58 AM

Following…

Bocajnala 09-28-2022 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by OhioHunt (Post 4406536)
Following…

Come on out and hunt!

It'll be the Wayne National Forest in the Marietta area.

I'm still narrowing down where to stay and what area I want to try to hunt. Looking at maps etc when I have the time currently.

I'm probably going to try to get down there at least once in November after the leaves are off the trees and see what I can find. I'll have better details then.

-Jake