Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ESPN host supports PETA

Old 11-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Spike

Default ESPN host supports PETA

Did anyone hear KIT HOOVER from ESPN2' s Cold Pizza supporting PETA this morning? I did and it makes me sad. It was something like " keep up the good work PETA" . I emailed them with my concerns. I urge everyone else to do the same. If we overlook things like this, I' m afraid that we will be telling the next generation of hunters how great hunting was, instead of being able to teach them.
The link for Cold Pizza is [email protected]

Old 11-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ESPN host supports PETA

what exactly did he say????? i cannot believe ESPN would let a show talk about anti-hunting when they have hunting shows. BTW- that was cold pizza, not ESPN that supports Anti' s. a channel cannot control what their show says. once again, what did they say???
Old 11-11-2003, 03:01 PM

I guess this is what ESPN was talking about in the promo they run every five minutes that states Kit is " wild and unpredictable." I' m a big sports fan, so I tried to watch the show before work one morning and it was horrible. It was so bad that I feel satisfied every morning just for the simple fact that I am not watching it. Just give it a few more weeks and it will hopefully go down the tubes.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:11 PM

E-Mail sent!!!!! Sent a copy to ESPN also. -- CDH
Old 11-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

E-Mail sent!!!!! Sent a copy to ESPN also. -- CDH
How could you send an email without knowing what was said, am I missing something here?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:20 AM

I don' t like to shoot without doing my homework. Here is the email I sent. Lets see what they say.

Greg

As an avid ESPN watcher, I want to know if what I' m hearing is true. Is Kit Hoover a PETA supporter. If so, I will not support any television show or entertainment company that employs her.

Simply put, PETA is terroristic organization and those who support it, support violence. I don' t care what she eats and it does not interest me if she wants me to stop hunting and fishing. To quote the Pop Culture represented by the show, " thank you for sharing." I want ESPN to know what is coming down the road. I am just one of a large network of individuals who will spend the time to contact organizations and agencies and who will patronize only those whose beliefs are in line with basic freedoms and with what is right.

Please address this issue on line or on the Cold Pizza show so I can make an informed decision. With all of the outdoor companies airing shows on ESPN, I will have many emails to make informing them of your support for someone who, in my opinion, does not deserve a stage to peddle her stance on things that she could never understand.

Greg Dimiceli
Hackettstown, NJ
Old 11-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Spike

How could you send an email without knowing what was said, am I missing something here?
She wasn' t discussing PETA or bashing hunters. There was a dog on the show and the other host (a guy) said " Kit, you' re an animal lover, right?" , to which she responded " you bet. keep up the good work PETA" . That was it. If she had said " yeah, right beside of the mashed potatoes" , I wouldn' t have posted here.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

VAboy if that is all that was said you may be over reacting, it almost sounds like it was said tongue in cheek.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Spike

Tazman, I hope you' re right. I should have explained it better in the original post. It just shocked me when she said it. I sent an e-mail asking if she does indeed support PETA.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:34 AM

Jorgy, let' s assume I also saw the show and lets also assume that I sent my E-Mail because of what I viewed then one last time lets also assume that I had sent my E-Mail before Vaboy posted. If you assume these, then you would be correct. If you continue to assume that I sent the E-Mail after Vaboy made his post, then you are incorrect. All I was saying that I had sent in an E-Mail, which I did and will do again if the notion strikes me to do so. So you asked " Did I miss something here?" Yes, you did. Thanks!! -- CDH

Quick Reply: ESPN host supports PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.