Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How has the fall hunting season been for all of yall >

How has the fall hunting season been for all of yall

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How has the fall hunting season been for all of yall

Old 11-26-2021, 02:39 AM
Spike

Default How has the fall hunting season been for all of yall

Post come pics of your hunting year so far!
Old 11-26-2021, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

I was trophy hunting during deer season and learned something. I like big bucks like everybody else but I don't like tag soup.

Now I'm working on Fall Turkey and Bear. Coyotes are always a worthy target as well.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:20 PM
Spike

Was on the White River Marsh on Wednesday in central Wisconsin (one of the best public hunting around) and in every parking area (many) there were vehicles. The whole orange army was out and hunters were everywhere. I spent the whole day in a super area until closing (dark). Not one shot was fired. I couldn't believe it. I think the DNR has finally succeeded in wiping out the deer herd.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Or the bucks were waiting in the brush next to the parking lot for hunters to quit for the day.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

I am a more of a meat hunter and only kill bucks that are considered "trophies". I killed a doe last weekend and hope to get at least one more. This is my sons first year being serious about hunting and I am hoping to get him a shot at one but our firearms season is winding down this weekend. Not sure how many more times he will be able to get out. I have seen more deer this year than I have in a long time but most of them have been small bucks.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Not a good season got that tick bite that went into me and disappeared that sent me to the ER and then a day later I got my deer with the truck at 55 mph and it isnt safe to drive due to locked up seat belts, non operational air bags and a busted up front end.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:00 PM
Spike

My son got his first deer. Still trying to get him the nice 8 pointer that is on the game camera. Happy so far if we don't fire another shot. Am enjoying the sausage from his deer every morning.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got a nice bear in CO (story posted on the big game page) and am going to be shooting some does here in TX next week.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got a buck with a crossbow in archery season and a doe with my .270 rifle in rifle season. I still havr a doe tag left but I don't think I will fill it. I have enough meat.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-28-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I got a buck with a crossbow in archery season and a doe with my .270 rifle in rifle season. I still havr a doe tag left but I don't think I will fill it. I have enough meat.
Nice deer, Oldtimr.

To answer the OP, my season hasn't been all that active....Yet. Our rifle seasons starts Wednesday, though.

Not that much available time to hunt this year, but I will get out opening day, and I have the last three days off as vacation time.

The consolation: a "new-to-me" over under 20 gauge that's begging to be taken out for rabbits and squirrels, and Xmas break awaits, If I could find a way to get into some pheasant and quail, that would be spectacular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.