Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer hunting small acre with neighbors that ruin it >

Deer hunting small acre with neighbors that ruin it

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting small acre with neighbors that ruin it

Old 11-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Spike

Default Deer hunting small acre with neighbors that ruin it

Hey I own and live on just under 5 acres that has mayb 2.5 huntable acres that has a stream at the edge the property on the other side has someone who has permission to hunt/use property that has some young kids around 15 or so years old that has ruined several of my hunts by playing around in the stream .My question is do I say something to the parents that I hunt the property next to stream which they know me and my daughter does when they are not doing anything wrong I just thought out of respect they would back off the property line and not ruin my hunts but again they are free to do what they want. What would yall do in this situation
Old 11-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

you sure can always ask, but in the end if its there property they can use it as they wish
typically from MY experience, if your GOOD with your neighbors, they tend to work with you
but problem is, if you have NOT so nice neighbor, it can open the door to a lot of ruined hunts and or other things

a good neighbor is priceless and getting to be far and fewer of them!
best of luck to you
Old 11-01-2021, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LucasFamilyOutdoors
Hey I own and live on just under 5 acres that has mayb 2.5 huntable acres that has a stream at the edge the property on the other side has someone who has permission to hunt/use property that has some young kids around 15 or so years old that has ruined several of my hunts by playing around in the stream .My question is do I say something to the parents that I hunt the property next to stream which they know me and my daughter does when they are not doing anything wrong I just thought out of respect they would back off the property line and not ruin my hunts but again they are free to do what they want. What would yall do in this situation
If you don't say anything to the parents how would they know their kids are messing up you hunting on your property. By all means talk to the parents.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I personally wouldn't talk to the parents. Unless the kids are doing something INTENTIONAL to mess up your hunts.

The way I see it.... I'd rather have them kids out playing in the yard and the creek than inside on the couch. Even if it means my hunts are screwed up.

Another thing to consider. Deer are used to this going on around them. Especially if they're living around a small community. They're used to sounds, people being out, people walking, etc.

Good chance that as soon as they leave the woods will be right back to normal without much harm done.

If the kids are being brats and screwing with you intentionally that's different. And most states have laws in place that prevent people from harassing hunters.

-Jake
Old 11-01-2021, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Are the kids out there every day, just during the week or just on weekends? Since your daughter is hunting with you, I'd guess you're hunting evenings and weekends? There may be room for some kind of compromise. I'd go talk with the neighbors and explain that you hunt your property.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know what the deer do when the kids are out playing? If you do, maybe use it to your advantage on where you set up?
Old 11-02-2021, 01:56 AM
Spike

I have talked to the neighbors thru messenger so they know I hunt it in the evening and weekend I usually post a pic on Instagram where we're Freinds so they can know I'm in the stand they have between 30-40 acres but kids mostly do stuff right at edge of property line that blocks where the deer come from most of the time they have a Instagram/Facebook/YouTube channel for hunting so this isn't there only place to hunt and thanks everyone
Old 11-03-2021, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would just deal with it. Your outdoor recreation in no more important that theirs.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

It wouldn't hurt to ask. The only reason I say to bring it up is that some non hunters have no idea what will and will not affect deer. They might think since they are not on your property they don't have any impact on the deer on your property. If they act like they don't care after you talk to them just drop it.