HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Wisconsin Rifle hunters 2021 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/426896-wisconsin-rifle-hunters-2021-a.html)

Popgunshooter 10-21-2021 04:29 PM

Wisconsin Rifle hunters 2021

I'm an old buzzard that will be on my 55th year of rifle deer hunting. Live in the center of the state and hunt on private land near White River marsh. What's your area?

bpd1982 10-22-2021 11:21 AM

Northern Mn. just north of the recent Greenwood fire of nearly 27000 acres.

Bocajnala 10-22-2021 01:38 PM

I've been through Wisconsin maybe 10 or 12 times. And each time through it I think "this looks like great deer hunting!"

I hope to eventually get there to hunt.

Since you have so many years hunting there... Tell us about the hunting in Wisconsin. Is it as good as it looks?

-Jake

Popgunshooter 10-26-2021 09:30 PM

Obviously, private land is best but there are some awesome public hunting areas if you're willing (and able) to walk into some marshy land. Here's one of the best public hunting grounds and it's huge. The smart guys take a canoe or small boat deep into the center of it.

White River Marsh Wildlife Area | Wisconsin DNR

8870whiterivermarsh.pdf (wi.gov)

Bocajnala 10-27-2021 07:34 AM

I'm actually going to take a look at those links later. I've got hunts planned for 2023 but nothing for 2022 yet. Need something closer to home then heading all the way west. Was thinking about the Adirondaks in New York (That was supposed to be this year but those plans got messed up.) But Wisconsin is close enough that it could work.

Without looking all the regs up right now about when does your rifle season start and end? Buck tags over the counter for non residents or would I need to go through a draw?

Ohio is easy. Seasons is the week after thanksgiving and buck and doe tags are over the counter. Although you are limited to one buck and one doe on public land.

-Jake

JW 10-27-2021 05:14 PM

Jake
I'm in Wisconsin
Crivitz area.

JW

Bocajnala 10-27-2021 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by JW (Post 4398151)
Jake
I'm in Wisconsin
Crivitz area.

JW

I'd love to get out there and share a turkey hunt with you JW. See a real master at work!

​​​​​​-Jake

Popgunshooter 11-05-2021 12:48 PM

Wisconsin rifle season starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ends Sunday after it. Non-resident on line. No draw.

First-time buyers get a price break on hunting fun | Wisconsin DNR

john1984 11-07-2021 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4398128)
I'm actually going to take a look at those links later. I've got hunts planned for 2023 but nothing for 2022 yet. Need something closer to home then heading all the way west. Was thinking about the Adirondaks in New York (That was supposed to be this year but those plans got messed up.) But Wisconsin is close enough that it could work.

Without looking all the regs up right now about when does your rifle season start and end? Buck tags over the counter for non residents or would I need to go through a draw?

Ohio is easy. Seasons is the week after thanksgiving and buck and doe tags are over the counter. Although you are limited to one buck and one doe on public land.

-Jake

50% discount if your a first time buyer. Season starts Nov 20th this year

Omega218er 11-14-2021 05:32 AM

New Richmond WI. We hunted Minnesota which is where we are from but are thinking of black powder hunting in WI this year.