Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Colorado Deer Tag Same as Mule Deer? >

Colorado Deer Tag Same as Mule Deer?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Colorado Deer Tag Same as Mule Deer?

Old 10-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Deer Tag Same as Mule Deer?

Hey Folks!

Very new hunter here and I've got a stupid question.

I've received my 2nd rifle season antlerless deer tag in CO. The area I plan to hunt apparently has a good amount of mule deer. Does this deer tag apply to mule deer as well? Does a deer tag imply any type of deer? White tail as well as Mule deer?

Thanks a ton in advanced!
Old 10-05-2021, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

first off welcome to the site!
and to you, my suggestion is to contact your game dept/game warden and get the most accurate info you can, anyone here can guess or give you BAD info, even trying to be helfful

this is why game depts and wardens exist, and they also almost always have online rules and regulations you can read and find out
rather than taking a strangers word off a forum who could be wrong and if so, you can end up with a fine or worse!
so, rather than asking here, ask the people that sett and enforce the rules in your state/area of hunting, and will get the right answer in a fast simple way!

here is a link to phone numbers you can call

https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/ContactUs.aspx
Old 10-05-2021, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it is a regular type tag it is good for either whitetail or mule deer. There are some whitetail only tags but they will say whitetail only on both the tag and the hunt code when you apply for them.